Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a ride, rally or event but next Tuesday my daughter and I will be having a drop-in lunch for co-workers and friends from 11 am until the last guest leaves. If any forum members are in the albemarle area next Tuesday, please drop by and have a snack, sandwich or cup of coffe (or glass of diet mtn dew!!:biggrin:) we would love to have you!!

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
Alrighty then! I have all next week off and am planning to paint the big bathroom upstairs. I think by Tuesday I may need a break from the fumes ;). I'll pencil it in and will let you know as the day approaches. In fact, I was thinking of driving down to Charlotte Sunday afternoon for a Checkers ECHL hockey game. It is winter, don'tcha know? :D Get much of the [email protected] weather down your way?

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty then! I have all next week off and am planning to paint the big bathroom upstairs. I think by Tuesday I may need a break from the fumes ;). I'll pencil it in and will let you know as the day approaches. In fact, I was thinking of driving down to Charlotte Sunday afternoon for a Checkers ECHL hockey game. It is winter, don'tcha know? :D Get much of the [email protected] weather down your way?
yep, you should definitely be needing a break by tuesday!! let me know if you want me to give you the address...or you may be able to find it by the smell of burnt food...i do have a habit of burning everything!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

ohh yeah...wow! a hockey game??? that should really be kewl!! I'm envious!!:frown:

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
yep, you should definitely be needing a break by tuesday!! let me know if you want me to give you the address...or you may be able to find it by the smell of burnt food...i do have a habit of burning everything!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

ohh yeah...wow! a hockey game??? that should really be kewl!! I'm envious!!:frown:
Yeah, I was a season ticket holder in Greensboro with the Generals and the Monarchs until the POS HurriCan'ts booted the team out. Yes, I'm still a very bitter man about it. So I go to Charlotte once or twice a year for a game, just got finished printing my ticket.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was a season ticket holder in Greensboro with the Generals and the Monarchs until the POS HurriCan'ts booted the team out. Yes, I'm still a very bitter man about it. So I go to Charlotte once or twice a year for a game, just got finished printing my ticket.
ya know what really bites me is that i have worked in albemarle for 7 years and lived here for a year and never even thought about going to a hockey game when i'm sure that this is something that i could absolutely really get into. If i stay in this area, i will definitely be checking into getting some tickets!! Thanks for such a wonderful idea!!:D :D

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
ya know what really bites me is that i have worked in albemarle for 7 years and lived here for a year and never even thought about going to a hockey game when i'm sure that this is something that i could absolutely really get into. If i stay in this area, i will definitely be checking into getting some tickets!! Thanks for such a wonderful idea!!:D :D
There's still the rest of this season! Just do it!!

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Well, Cin, I'll be closer to you on the 22nd than I am now seeing as how I'll be in SE Alabama. Wish I could take the time to get up to your neck of the woods. Would love to meet you.

Have a great time and a very Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, Cin, I'll be closer to you on the 22nd than I am now seeing as how I'll be in SE Alabama. Wish I could take the time to get up to your neck of the woods. Would love to meet you.

Have a great time and a very Merry Christmas!
Wow, Pat, I wish you could get up here to!! It would be really kewl to meet!
Are you visiting family in Alabama?

·
Lapa user
852 Posts
If any forum members are in the albemarle area next Tuesday, please drop by and have a snack, sandwich or cup of coffe (or glass of diet mtn dew!!:biggrin:) we would love to have you!!
I am here, I'll call you on the phone when I arrive in Charlotte :biggrin: :biggrin:

shi_t, do not get there for Tuesday :eek: :frown: :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
Sooooo.....how was it?????
wonder who had the most fun tonight??? you at the hockey game or me at a christmas party with an Elvis impersonator...and of course had to do the whole sweaty scarf thing!! Luckily no pics have showed up yet!!
Charlotte wins! Which was no small feat. Their opponents, SC Stingrays, are tops in the division and before this game had a franchise record 13-game win streak. There weren't a lot of people there, maybe 3000, but the energy was exciting.

But Elvis sounds fun too ;). I sure hope he was a young Elvis and not the fat, sweaty, old man Elvis high on painkillers :D.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am here, I'll call you on the phone when I arrive in Charlotte :biggrin: :biggrin:

shi_t, do not get there for Tuesday :eek: :frown: :biggrin:

Geeze!!!!!!!!!!!! You just about made me fall completely off my chair!!!
I started shouting and was jumping up to go wake up my daughter so we could go to the airport!!!....but then i just happened to scroll down a little further!! Meanie!!:toetap: :toetap:

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Charlotte wins! Which was no small feat. Their opponents, SC Stingrays, are tops in the division and before this game had a franchise record 13-game win streak. There weren't a lot of people there, maybe 3000, but the energy was exciting.

But Elvis sounds fun too ;). I sure hope he was a young Elvis and not the fat, sweaty, old man Elvis high on painkillers :D.
no such luck!! I think the hockey game would have been much more fun!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.