Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This Saturday morning was planned for me to help a friend work on two home computers that he and his wife use daily. I started around 10:00 A.M and around 12:30 looked out the window to see a glimmer of blue sky peeking through the dark clouds that has shroudded our reigion for weeks now. At 1:30 I looked out his den window to actually see more blue sky than clouds so I told my friend that I had to go as I had not been riding in three weeks. He smiled and said....you go and let me know how it went later. I got to enjoy about an 80 mile ride and was smiling so hard I thought my face was going to freeze in that position. It was awesome to be back out there riding again...even if it was short lived.....however.....the weatherman is saying possible cloudy / blue skies Sunday with temps at 32 degrees so I may get to enjoy it again tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and feel like a kid again now that I have to wait until the A.M to know if it's a go.

Merry Christmas All! :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Whistle...I know what your talking about. Saturday I had to work OT and was sitting at my computer looking out the window at blue skies and sun. What a way to go, finally after 6 hours or so, my buddy called said he was riding up this way and if I were free we could make a short ride. Fortunately, I finished just in time for his arrival. I geared up, fired up and went out for a beautiful cool sunny day and got in almost 80 miles myself. What a relief after 3 weeks of constant rain.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spok....Good for you!!!!!!

I know it's really tuff to be busy indoors when the highway is calling. There must be some kind of therapy for us who suffer from dark winter months? :)

It's Sunday morning and the sun is shining here and the weatherman say's it'll be in the mid 40's today!!! This is just unreal and a very welcome sight. I am so glad I did not put my bike up as I had intended to a couple of weeks ago. I will head out about noon and see where the fun takes me today.

All of you riding today.....ENJOY!!!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Put about 150 on mine today! Nothing relaxes you more. I f tomorrow wasn’t Monday, it would have been a perfect day.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
DiverDown said:
If tomorrow wasn’t Monday, it would have been a perfect day.
what a perfect way to capture the joy of riding, not working on sunday but knowing that the time clock has your name on it tommorrow.

I couldn't ride today, unfortunately the break in weather was unexpected and I had already promised my time to help my dad reconnect his tv ent. system after a move. Turned breezly late in the afternoon so I guess it wouldn't have been a picture perfect day round here.

thats what I tell myself when I can't ride on such a great opportunity.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It was 67 degrees this yesterday...today it was freezing...literally, it was 32 degrees, how the...what the...one day....had to work...GAAAAHHH!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,

Well....I was a lucky man indeed as the weather held up even though it got cloudy "fast" and the temps dropped to 36. Even so I got to ride another 80 miles staying on the state highways....as the back country roads are littered with gravel. I didn't see another biker even when I dropped down into the Lewsiton Idaho Valley....about 1500 ft difference in altitude. Gas down there was $1.91 a gallon. :) Just a few weeks ago it was hovering around $2.08 a gallon.

If you could not ride today....you had your good reasons and did what you needed to do. I'm sure this will play out differently next time and I'll be sitting here reading about others who got to go ride while I was working....etc.

One appreciative person here in the Pacific Northwest. :)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I got to ride Saturday, and I'm planning to ride to work this entire week. Saturday was beautiful here--it got up almost to 70 degrees! Today will be colder, but we'll get into the 40s, which is more than warm enough for me to ride.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have been very fortunate to have a break in the usual ugly winter weather! :)

I remember watching the snow levels when I lived for skiing and couldn't wait until the ski runs were open. I still enjoy skiing but I have more of a difficult time not being able to just take off on a ride when winter weather puts a dead stop to it....almost over night it seem's.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I hear you about the ski stuff. :) Here in Colorado, we're always really anxious for the mountains to get a lot of snow early--not just so the resorts can open, but also because we need the spring runoff to avoid droughts. I live right at the base of the mountains, where the Great Plains meet the Rockies. I always hope for lots of snow in the mountains and very little down here. I don't always get my wish, but so far this season the mountains seem to be getting quite a bit, whereas we've had only one significant snowstorm so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this situation will continue throughout the winter. :D

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We sure need mother nature to help keep the seasonal cycles working correctly. Sometimes I wonder if we have made her angry?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts