Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up crew. i had a question about putting pirelli diablo's on my ninja 2005; 500r.i have read posts from several of you-and it seems that they are getting good marks. it appears if i want the fattest tire on back, that it will be a 150/60/17. for front you mention 120/70/17. my question is ,is it possible to put your stock rear tire, a 130/70/17 onto the front wheel? also, are the pirelli's more low profile. while mounting largest tire on rear are there any issues that will encumber your bike (i.e. taking off centerstand etc...) thanks. fulltilt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't mess with the tire sizes unless you race or know why you're changing a tire size. Dude, its a 500 just enjoy.

·
Registered
412 Posts
fulltilt, PM Freakinout . He has them on his and can most likely give the most incite into them.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I don't think a 130/70/17 will fit on the front at all, but you wouldn't want to put your current rear on it anyway, its a different compound that won't handle correctly. I would recommend a 120/70 or a 120/60. Either way you won't see much difference.

Everything fits fine with the new tire sizes, no modifications needed at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts