Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 katana 600 2 months ago and man am I sorry. I saw the 05 ZZR600 and it blows the Katana away! It is looking like all my friends are trading their GSXR 600s in for the newiest Kawasaki. Arg!!! guess I will have to wait till next season to get the new improved ZZR600. Man what a good looking bike!

Here is 2 links incase you have not seen the new ZZR600.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/210529/

http://www.petescycle.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=04110224X10K1K2004J6I03I04JAMQ911R0&veh=14237

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
that first link has a very nice looking bike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, It's nice and all, but it's just a ZX6R from 2 years ago re-released...
As I said, it's not unpleasant, but to me it does not embody all the things I love about my ZZR:

I don't like plastic cups of brake fluid
I do like fully closed in fairings (Don't like to see the back of the headlight, all the shite under the seat and all that stuff)

OK - maybe I'm just getting old

8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NEW? 250

ACTUALLY there is a ZZR 250...they have it in Canada...aluminum chassis, 17" wheels...nicer fairing, graphics...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all :D

This is my first post! :roll:

Just to let you know that I have a 2002 Ninja ZX6R and the zzr600 '05 is the same bike, aldough with the 2000 zx6r Ninja engine.

Its an extreme bike, very nice handling and a very realiable engine. :twisted:

Some say its not a first bike, I say yes. Its a very secure bike, brakes, suspencion, the works. You just need to be carefull, like in any other bike you drive... We all need to "feel" the bike, get to know her, talk to her :wink: and so on!

Best regards,

Luis, from Portugal

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome, Luis!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have some else to confirm the bike is the old ZX6R. I guess Kawasaki is selling things and changing names around to better suit the market. I disagree with the 6R being a starter bike though! We already have to many rich parents buying what ever their kids want for them, instead of them earning their own money to buy one. If they had any respect for the bike then there would be less accidents. My side of this is safety. I'm not quite the "Restriction Required" over the top guy, but at the same time I believe there has to be something done to keep our insurance costs down. I'm 51 and it dosesn't have to much of an effect on me, but I don't like to see wrecked motorcycles and blood and body parts everytime there is an accident involving motorcycles. I believe we need more track and better education. Goint to a MSF class only teaches a person the basics of motorcycle handling, it does not prepare them for riding on the roads, highways, and even in parking lots. It dowsn't show what happens to you if you have a couple of drinks...it doesn't prepare the person for the road...it prepares them for proper technique, and it works great in a parking lot with no cars, trucks or anything else moving around them. I olny wish there was somethng in place to keep children from riding motorcycles till they were old enough to handle them with respect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts