Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm out riding my zx 6r, it feels like my bike is struggling, and wanting to die. My tank is full and the choke is off. If I try to keep the bike at a constant speed is starts struggling. It's like if I'm not accelerating it's not getting gas. I don't believe the carb would be clogged but I'm not sure. Also it is taking a few seconds before responding to me pulling back on the throttle.

Has anyone else expierenced this or a similar problem? I'm thinking it might be the fuel line or the throttle cable, or maybe even the choke cable is getting pulled somehow. I guess it could even be electrical. I'd really appriecate any advice, thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did this just start happening? Does your bike warm up ok?

Fuel tank air vent may be blocked, dirty spark plugs, Main jets clogged, If you have a bad batch of gas, that could do it. If you ridden the bike for miles and miles - carbs could need to be cleaned???

Need more info - Do you keep maintenance on the bike? Have you changed anything lately? Miles on bike and last service?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Clean the carbs really well first.

Then check the petcock (thing that lets fuel out of the gas tank) make sure it is working properly (take it apart and clean it too).

Make sure the carbs are balanced and you have good spark plugs and everything is clean.

Also look for vaccum leaks, a small leak would cause problems at low throttle/idle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would the air box be the problem?

I have a question of my own..I am Having a similar problem at idle...There is a Hole in the front of the airbox that connects to the Bracket..and I forget if that was supposed to be Plugged or if its supposed to be open...Its not the 2 main Air intake holes Its Up by the front bracket and I Just Cant remember if it was Plugged before i cleaned the carbs or if its supposed to be open..Any help would be great thx! 250 Ninja Btw
~Thx
Jesse

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
AIR

IF the hole is after the filter it shouldn't be open. was there a vacuum hose for the tank there???if you don't see anythig that should go there then place a piece of tape over it and see it that doesn't fix the problem...I certain that the extra iar is causing your problem....besides it isn't filtered air if it is after the filter (between the arifilter and the carbs) I's still tape it temporarily to see if it takes care of it then either find a rubber plug, or tape it on both sides...a tire patch works great and it can be removed...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts