Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat on my new 1600 hurts. I've read this in numerous posts. Riding for an hour has me squirming for a better position which is just not there.

My question is if all Mustang seats are comfortable. I have my bike set up as a solo. What is the best Mustang model?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ken said:
My buddy has the Mustang Sport Touring Solo on his Mean Streak, and is very pleased with it. I've gone on 300 mile rides with him, and can testify that he loves the seat.

Mustang Sport Touring Solo for Kawasaki -- $289
I have the same seat. I bought the dual, but run it solo with fender bib. Just like having the option.

Can't say enough good things about the comfort and quality of contruction. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks...thats what I'll look into....I think I'll also buy both seats for future use.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On cruisercustomizing.com I can find.

Mustang Studded Wide Touring Seat with Driver Backrest - Vulcan 1600 Classic

OR

Mustang Vintage Solo Seat - Vulcan 1600 Classic

but cannot find a mustang sport touring seat.

Is there a difference? Do you know the difference between the touring seat and the regular? More padding? I think I like the wide touring seat as it has a removable backrest if I want it. Is it so wide that it it bulbous?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My guess is padding is what differnentiates the seats, but a call to Mustang would be a good idea. Looks like you are after the Vintage Solo with Driver Backrest. I don't see the Sport Solo for the 1600 either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts