Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
general or specific? general the kdx is more of a trail bike and the kx a motocross bike. Things like lights, spark arrestor, i think a flywheel weight, gearing. not sure about the tranny but its possible. suspension is a little different. not 100% sure on these as ive never owned a kdx.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The motor is no doubt slightly detuned with possibly different porting, carburetion, etc to make it more tractable especially in the lower part of the band & probably a different exhaust system for the same reason.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to confuse things more, long ago when I was young, I owned a KD 80. It was inbetween the KX and KDX. No lights or anything w/ just slightly less power but near same susp. as the more agressive KX. It was made in the mid to late 80's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah eric, the kd 80 was stopped in 87 i believe. they also made a kd100 and a 125 and a 175 im sure more. they all stopped late 70s. i think the kds were oil injected rather then premix if i remember correctly. small things like that. they were less 'fuss' then an mx bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, it was an oil injection. Thanks for making me feel old on my week of 30th b-day. It was a cool little bike.

Buy a Kx and neverlook back. :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts