Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached are some pics of a bike rally that takes place on Labour Day weekend in a small town called Digby on the south west coast of my province. It is called the Digby Wharf Rat Rally, and I'm pretty sure '07 was only it's third year. Registrations topped either 12 or 15 thousand, I can't remember which as it was several months ago now. Not bad for only three years in existance !!

We had ridden down the night before from Halifax in what was probably the worst rain I ever want to ride in. It took about 5 hrs to ride roughly 300 kms, 188 miles. We got up the next morning to thick fog that burned away into one of the nicest days of the summer.

The two street pics were taken early Saturday morning before it really got going.The first is a view looking down maybe the last 1/4 of the street, while the second is looking back the other way. The street curves to the left in the second view and there were more bikes around that corner.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The last pic is of me on my steed about to ride home for a company bbq way too early Sunday morning. The water in the left of the pic is the Bay of Fundy, where the highest tides in the world occur.

[/IMG]

For some reason my camera took really crappy pics that weekend, but the following link is to a site that is maintained by a couple who are more or less our provinces motorcycle ambassadors, the Nesbitts. They travel all over and promote motorcycling in our province wherever they go. Check out their page, they have photo's from all over our province, as well as places they have travelled to in the States.

Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum.com : MyPhotoAlbum

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good turn out for the Digby Wharf Rat Rally. Those are fun events.

And you got a good looking scoot to boot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A bike rally and Digby Scallops - it doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good turn out for the Digby Wharf Rat Rally. Those are fun events.
And you got a good looking scoot to boot.
It was a good time. Lots of bikes and people. All kinds of things to see. Awesome weather, good friends, good people and bikes. Doesn't get much better than that. I couldn't be happier with the Vulcan. It does all I ask of it...heh, well, almost all. :wink:

Nice pics... and look at all of that sunshine! Throw some out my way :) I can't wait for spring.
Yup, wish that weather was here now. We got a bit of a tease over the last week. All the snow disappeared and it was well into the plus temps. Then last night it snowed again. :cry:

nice pics. Kinda looks like Laconia.... just smaller
There is talk that the organizers might try and make it a week long event. It really has litterally grown in leaps and bounds. I think the comparrson was that Laconia is the only one bigger in this general neck of the woods - New England States, Eastern Canada that is.

A bike rally and Digby Scallops - it doesn't get much better than that.
Not a fan of them myself, Scallops that is, but those who are salivate over them. heh, I won't say what I think of 'em...but the other sea food and the bike rally was great !!

Nice pics. Looks like it would be fun to go there.
There were lots events going on. Just wish I could have stayed through to Monday. The surrounding country is awesome to ride through. This province has a little bit of everthing, and very little the same from area to area except for the great people that live here. Like I said, check out the link at the bottom of the post. I'm pretty sure that there are links to shots of a ride around Cape Breton. There is a route around the island that is called the Cabot Trail. Everyone I know that has ridden it has been blown away. I'm doing it this summer come hell or high water !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts