Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks here is what I got:
My wife has offered to purchase either a new bigger tool box or the Fuel Pak for my birthday/fathers day. I am very torn!
I need a bigger tool box, but I also want the Fuel Pak and intake! **** decisions! Why can't the choices be something simple like world peace or world domination!:confused:

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Ok folks here is what I got:
My wife has offered to purchase either a new bigger tool box or the Fuel Pak for my birthday/fathers day. I am very torn!
I need a bigger tool box, but I also want the Fuel Pak and intake! **** decisions! Why can't the choices be something simple like world peace or world domination!:confused:
Isn't the fuel pak a lot more expensive?
Always choose the more expensive stuff... :wink:

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not compared to a $400 Craftsman box!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Fuel Pak. Dig around long enough, you'll still find your tools. :)

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Ok, I guess I misunderstood the questions then.
I thought it meant the entire air kit, where only the Kuryakyn intake costs $300-400...

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
Which ever one you don't choose get if for the wife on mother's day - dilemma solved.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Keep an eye out at your local Sears for those chest. They'll end up in the clearance section fairly often. I picked up a new 41" Ball-Bearing Grip latch with 14 drawers for $500 on clearance. I'm guessing someone bought it but then had to return it. And a month later I picked up the matching 8-drawer top for $160 since it had a dent in the lid...I'd put that in there eventually.

So, I guess I'm saying get the stuff for the scoot. If you ever come across one of those chest, it's something that's "too good to pass up". Or, better yet, tell her you want the scoot parts...and then say you need to get the chest so you can put the bits on and not have to pay someone to do it. Ha ha!

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
They always have killer deals on tool boxes at Christmas time. Black Friday specials.

The bike stuff never goes on sale.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
you know, those clear plastic kitty litter buckets are free and while you can see your tools through them they wont funnel air effeciently if mounted on your bike.

There, that oughta help.

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I should clarify. I would only be getting the Fuel Pak or the tool box, the new intake would be later.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
You dont need the fuel pack until you change pipes and intake. So get the box.

EDIT:

Let me rephrase, wait until after you get the pipes and intake, then tell the wife the bike is not running right and the folks on the forum told you to get the fuel pack to fix it. For now just get the tool box.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I agree with the above.
You don't need the fuel pak unless you have the intake. I would consider the PCIII over the fuel pak, the fuel pak has limited maps available.

I would go for a cheaper of brand tool box for much less. You'll be paying for the name on that one.

I guess you don't really have good choices here. a better choice would be the tool box or the pipes. I noticed that at least on your profile you stated no upgrades yet so for $400 you can get some nice pipes over the tool box.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
Get bike parts for the "Gift" from the little woman. Then when you have a chance go to "Sams" or "Costco" and pick up a tool box that doesn't have the Craftsman name on it for a lot less thats just as good. Also consider the generic tool box an insurance investment. A shop I used to work in had all the Craftsman boxes stolen during a breakin. All of us slobs with no-name tool boxes (Full of high end Snap On, Craftsman, & etc tools) where left out of the theft darn near completely. Just a thought. I must have married the right woman, she usually just says " You need what? Oh heck go get it if it makes you happy." I try not to abuse it though. lol

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have V&H staggereds, I never put it in my profile. I have a couple of months to weigh my options, although I thank you all for the input.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get the tool box, a fuel pac is much easier to sneak in the house....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts