Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 92 kx 125 that has been ported out by FMF, also has fmf pipe and silncer. The bike likes to wear out pistions like crazy. I always put in weisco pistions in it. it will run great for a few months than start loosing compresion. Whats the deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just mean that i lose compresion. like i can push down on my jumpkick with my hand with ease. and the bike will hardly start because of so bad of compresion. I guess it could just wear down the rings but i usually throw a ring and pision in when i have it apart. What causes the wearing down of the ring?

·
Registered
487 Posts
have you had the cylinder mic'ed? If not ,you should, it could be out of shape and ruinning your rings. Also have you seen the pistons after they are removed? do they have holes burned in them?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Do several things

Take the cylinder (JUG) into the shop and have them check it, they may have to bore it to make it round and not oval, or they may have to just do a cross hatch hone to it then put in the regular or over size piston or even a ring set. I had to hot a plug in my bike and actually burnt a hole on the top of my piston...check to see that you have the proper plug in it...Secondly if you are not running enough oil (it is a two stroke?) then it will also wear the heck out of the rings. you have to break it in and that doesn't mean riding full tilt with it tll the rings are actually seated. ONCE you have the rings properly seated then switch to a synthetic 2 stroke oil and your problems are basiclly over...yu definately need to talk with the service department, and be nice to them so they will give you the information that you want...and do a great job and not just a quicky on the jug and piston. Wiseco is a good piston for a two stroke bike! Just take the Proper break in proceedures...to the extreme and do it right or you'll be back in the shop again...sooner than you want...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts