Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Man...I would kill for a day to see the trees in hibernation and no snow on the ground. Though, how can you have xmas without snow!?:shock:

BTW, wicked bikes.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man bro I grew up in NY so I feel for you...Though before I left away for college, the white Christmas were all but gone...

Thanks...I want more bikes. I am feeling very greedy about my needs...Next though is a new car...The goal to get another dirtbike for me will need to be sandwiched inbetween.

BTW, study hard...I work with a bunch of young Canadian engineers in my company.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i take it that the 3rd picture is your wife that is all armored up?
Yeah that was part of her Christmas gift, here little get up...I need to get her boots, gloves, and her own helmet. Heck I am eying some Team USA gear from FOX. Gear adds up...I wish I never sold my EVS jacket.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Man bro I grew up in NY so I feel for you...Though before I left away for college, the white Christmas were all but gone...

Thanks...I want more bikes. I am feeling very greedy about my needs...Next though is a new car...The goal to get another dirtbike for me will need to be sandwiched inbetween.

BTW, study hard...I work with a bunch of young Canadian engineers in my company.
Ah I love a white Christmas! Good you've experienced one bud, a lot of people I know have never even seen a white Xmas!:shock:

Yeah I want a new car as well. Me and my bro share the WRX... So I'm looking at some used M3's in the States. That or either a 1L bike, I'm not sure yet. All I know is that I'm going to the States to buy either the car or the bike becuase Canada still has it's old prices for cars and bike....$13-14G for a ZX-10R compared to the $8-10G if I were to buy it in the States. BTW, does anyone know how that works? Like duties and what you would need to do to get the thing registered? All of that stupid stuff...

Working as hard as I can, feels like my brain is melting...What company is that? I'm done in a year and a half and Alberta's oil/gas is nice, but it gets boring.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice looking rides there! I forget does It have electric start?
I always used to laugh at people with electric start dirt-bikes,
I mean if I have to stand in a river full of slippery rocks with my boots full of water and my pants and undies soaked trying to kick start a 250 then why shouldn't everyone else, right?

Well then I borrowed a friends ttr250 w\e-start, going back was really hard let me tell you!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Ah I love a white Christmas! Good you've experienced one bud, a lot of people I know have never even seen a white Xmas!:shock:

Yeah I want a new car as well. Me and my bro share the WRX... So I'm looking at some used M3's in the States. That or either a 1L bike, I'm not sure yet. All I know is that I'm going to the States to buy either the car or the bike becuase Canada still has it's old prices for cars and bike....$13-14G for a ZX-10R compared to the $8-10G if I were to buy it in the States. BTW, does anyone know how that works? Like duties and what you would need to do to get the thing registered? All of that stupid stuff...

Working as hard as I can, feels like my brain is melting...What company is that? I'm done in a year and a half and Alberta's oil/gas is nice, but it gets boring.
Their are no duties imposed on motorbikes brought back into Canada. you will have to pay the taxes (gst at the border, and pst when you register it), their are also documentation fees and stuff at the border, and you will have to pay to have the bike certified before you can register and insure it. Do your homework, and be ready for what is needed when you cross the border (the bike may have to sit at customs for a few days while they check to make sure it's legal and stuff). My brother in law buys cars in The States every month and resells them up here, the paperwork and dealing with Customs can be a bit of a hassle, but if you have your patience with you and are educated as to how the system works, you will save money.

Food for thought, Canadian dealerships will not honour a warranty claim from a vehicle purchased outside the country. Keep that in mind when deciding what vehicle to buy, if it still has a manufacturer's warranty Stateside.

·
what?? track day?!?! =D
537 Posts
You can just go ride in a park?! o_0 luckkyyyy! hahah Dood the blue bbr pipe is sweet...its what I have on mine, be warned though, bbr pipe = loud as sh*t!

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
cool pictures, is that seat material slick?

I have some gray cf and lime green. just haven't decided what I want to do yet.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Show off! **** both bikes look sweet. The seat on the 10R rocks! Hey, do we have the same tanks on our bikes? I also see that the Empire is alive and well represented.

Your wife looks like she's taking to bike pretty well. Has she shown any excitement?

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I hear you bro...Cars are good...The next one is the Pontiac Solstice...it is a car we are just getting for "fun". However, I have so many other projects and want, that it is a pain to save for...I totally understand about buying in the USA...There is one helmet I want from AGV called the Saint George...The sad part is that it is only available in England...If I get there next year I want it but that AGV will cost over $500...You do any mechanical design? ME degree stuff?

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice Erv. So what kinda price to get the seat done I wonder?
-S
Thanks bro...The seat cost me $10 in fabric and about an hour and a half of time...I needed a shaver and patience. A couple of other riders I know was at the shop I go to and saw my seat and asked me where I got my seat? I told them I made it and they were shocked. It came out really good. I am going to re-do it since I have spare fabric and shave more down...It was a dry run that came out a finished product. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking rides there! I forget does It have electric start?
I always used to laugh at people with electric start dirt-bikes,
I mean if I have to stand in a river full of slippery rocks with my boots full of water and my pants and undies soaked trying to kick start a 250 then why shouldn't everyone else, right?

Well then I borrowed a friends ttr250 w\e-start, going back was really hard let me tell you!
Thanks!
Electric start is a must...I like it a lot...On cold days it makes it easier.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I'm for about $2k in gear this year... 2 helmets, 1 mesh/leather, 1 full leather jacket, pants, 2 pairs of gloves and boots.
Bro I hear you on gear and bling for bikes...My total tab at the shop I go to is over $9k in gear, bling, etc. One day we were all hanging out and seeing who spends the most...Some guys were easily double what I had...That is incredible. Their bikes though are decked out with stuff even I would not go through the motions of thinking of buying. That does not even include online stuff...Went to Cycle Gear today and almost went off on purchases...However, I have a coupon for MCS and am going to buy online instead.

One thing is for sure you got your bases covered for a while...If you buy right you won't have to buy for a while.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can just go ride in a park?! o_0 luckkyyyy! hahah Dood the blue bbr pipe is sweet...its what I have on mine, be warned though, bbr pipe = loud as sh*t!
HAHAHAH I was looking at that pipe...I was also looking at the blue BBR frame cage...I already changed the grips to blue and got a bar bad...I do not want to invest much into this bike because I have to worry about getting one for me...That one gets decked out. I do not think we can go to the park but I make my wife practice on the side. I also found out we can not ride Next weekend we are going to Carnegie!!! I can not wait. That is more for me than for her.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts