Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need somebody to tell me which is the best way to clean a really rusty tank (inside of course), this problem is constantly blocking my filter and carbs. please help me. TERO

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
couple choices here........

1. ive used KREEM 3 times without a hitch and ive NEVER had the sealer come off. its all about PROPER PREPERATION. if you decide to use the KREEM kit then pull the tank, make a stopper for the petcock area (you have to remove it) cover the inside of your gas cap (theres a vent hole that you dont want to cover if you use the liner) fill the tank with BOILING HOT WATER if you can along with your first step (acid) of the 3 step process. just follow the directions. if you find small pinholes after the acid step then you WILL have to use the 3rd step (liner) if no holes then you can stop at step 2 and just use the tank normal. if it has gas in it and its being used then you wont have problems.
2. YAMAHA makes a kit with just ACID and NEUTRALIZER. just read the instructions and be careful.
if the tank has nice paint then i doubt its a good idea to get any of the acid on it from either product.
good luck :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts