Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently bought a KLE500 2001. I found a central stand on louis.de but is to expensive for me and I do have a welding machine and some materials, so I was thinking of building one.

If anyone could help me with the dimensions (preferabilly someone that has one mounted on his bike) and with some photos of the real unit from different angles I'll try to make one and post the process for others. I have a standalone rear stand and I am interested only in a central stand, knowing that it will lower my ground clearance (I only do asphalt roads and very little plain unpaved roads, no enduro)

My bike is the one with 2 helmets on it and the other two photos are a commercial central stand that I found at a online shop:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Excuse the quality of the pics my good picture recording machine was not on hand.

This stand is made by SW MOTECH

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to make a plastic model of the fixed part of the central stand but I have trouble finding the best location for the axis of the legs. :confused:

Can you measure (tell me) the distance between the center of the nuts and the axis? (the colored lines in the pics)
And how thick is the metal plate? (I suppose ~5mm)

Thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sorry mate missed your reply.
Unfortunately the bike in the pictures isn't mine but a customers, So unable to measure unless he turns up sometime.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks :). I have tried to make a plastic model based on the photo and it looks like it is OK. I have the material (steel) and I'll try to make the stand in a few days. I'll post the results.

If anyone has the correct measurements, please send them to me. (it will help).

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The op's last post on this forum was Feb this year so you may be in luck with a reply from him....Fingers crossed.

Found one on Greedy Bay.
KLE 500 STAND

Umm not sure about the listing tho it says LE500A but the 2005 was the first B Model so maybe not compatable with 05 onwards...

I'll keep looking :)

Found this and they list 1991 onwards so maybe worth an E-Mail to them asking if it will fit your year Model.
KLE500 1991 On

Found what i was after :)

Have a look down this page at the pictures, The Bike is a B Model and it says CENTRE STAND - SW MOTECH so it looks like they fit.

Kawasaki KLE '05 - with accessories

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi

i didn't finished the stand unfortunately. since then i made a rear stand in order to be able to service the rear wheel.

hope you will make one. if you have the materials, tools and dimensions is not that hard, a friend of mine build one for a honda vf 1000 f II, and it works just as a oem one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well i have used the pictures from this thread to design the right hand mounting plate in autocad, i still have to make a cardboard template and see if it fits before cutting one out of steel. The biggest problem here it will be the left hand side as there are 2 plates welded together. This one will take some time do design in correct size. I expect to hopefully finish this project somewhere in the end of february.

Here is a photo of the design:

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well i have used the pictures from this thread to design the right hand mounting plate in autocad, i still have to make a cardboard template and see if it fits before cutting one out of steel. The biggest problem here it will be the left hand side as there are 2 plates welded together. This one will take some time do design in correct size. I expect to hopefully finish this project somewhere in the end of february.

Here is a photo of the design:

Cheers!
Hey Ghosty,

Can you upload here the DWG file? I have a center stand and I made some measurements, but a DWG file should help me a lot to compare my figures.
You can find some preliminary pictures here (ignore the Romanian):
500le.MyForum.ro :: Vizualizare subiect - Ajutor - Cote stand central

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ghosty,

Can you upload here the DWG file? I have a center stand and I made some measurements, but a DWG file should help me a lot to compare my figures.
You can find some preliminary pictures here (ignore the Romanian):
500le.MyForum.ro :: Vizualizare subiect - Ajutor - Cote stand central

Thanks!
Hey!

Thanks for the link, can you send me your mail and i will send you the file some time this week. I am not home and I don't have these files on this computer. By the way, I was only able to make right hand side plate so far, college and job are keeping me away from designing.

Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts