Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about riding my bike throughout the winter season (unless it snows), and I was just wondering if I have to remove the batter everytime even if i take it for a spin every 2 or 3 days? The temperatures probably get to about 30F overnight, and I haven't had any problems with my battery freezing yet. I also just recharged it and de-sulphinated it for about 3 days. It would just be such a big pain in the *** to have to take the battery out every single time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No, it shouldn't freeze. I've left mine in the bike but diconnected all winter and the bike fires right up in the spring. If you're riding it every few days, you probably don't even need to disconnect it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you are riding evrey few days I would not worry or remove the battery. A fully charged battery will not freeze till 70*F below zero a discharged battery will freeze at 32*F. And it will not dishcharge as fast when cold. A battery tender is a good idea if you are going to leave parked for month or more. I only remove standard or low maitnace batterys when charging and only be cause they can vent acid.
Just my 2cents

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I usually only ride mine once every 2 weeks at best in the winter. I never take out my battery. The only time I've even had problems was when I put on heated grips and forgot to turn them off once in the first week. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts