Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This is how I roll
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has tried or used any of the little black boxes that you are suppose to attach to the underside of your motorcycle to help trigger light signals. Do they work, or are they a waste of time? Just curious and any feedback appreciated.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Like many things it seems fromdiscussions here to be one of those some find good results others nothing.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They are fairly strong magnets that put out a magnetic field for the traffic sensor to "read."

Yes, they work. But so will a very cheap and quite strong Harbor Freight magnet wired below the frame.

But, be careful with the magnet. If they get attached too close to the engine case they collect the filings and other magnetic crap that comes from engine and gear wear inside the case right above the magnet. Then if the magnet is removed the crap washes into the oiling system and you have a problem.

·
This is how I roll
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are fairly strong magnets that put out a magnetic field for the traffic sensor to "read."

Yes, they work. But so will a very cheap and quite strong Harbor Freight magnet wired below the frame.

But, be careful with the magnet. If they get attached too close to the engine case they collect the filings and other magnetic crap that comes from engine and gear wear inside the case right above the magnet. Then if the magnet is removed the crap washes into the oiling system and you have a problem.
RCW, sounds like good feedback. Just didn't know if they really have been able to help with some of those darn lights sometimes that just won't pick up the bike.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Some people just take a magnet from an old speaker, and stick it to the bottom of their bike.
I find it best to simple move ahead or back a little if I do not seem to trigger the light quick enough.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Black box? I thought that is how they find out why a airplane crashed.

Get a V2K you will not need that black box.

red

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Find an old, blown subwoofer and scavenge the magnet. If you place it on the frame, you won't have to worry about filings in th oil.

Does really work with some troublesome lights (noa all). Especially if your riding something small and light. I was lucky enough to have afriend buy one years ago, and learn from him that it was just a magnet. Saved me a few bucks...

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
This topic has been discussed at length on this forum. If one does a search there will be at least several threads with lots of good inpu.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Just stick a couple of hard drive magnets on the frame. They are STRONG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts