Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or for you outlaws,,,, A motocycle GANG???? :grin:

Any good or bad experiences,,,

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cma,, Christian motorcyclist assocation forming chapter and Southern cruiser Wilderness Road #398 of kentucky.
Both have been good experiences and have allowed me to make some good friends from other riding clubs .

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
none for me yet. most of the ones around here are predominately HD riders, not that i care, just not the type of rides i normally want to go on. the only thing stopping me from looking for one is the limited time i have. i would like to be in one just for the occassional group ride. i have heard only positive things from people that i know that are in them though.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
nope, not a member of any other than associations with friends who ride

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yes sir i am!!

proud member and road captain for the southern crusiers riding club :wink:

the greatest bunch of folks you'll ever ride with - nationwide :grin:

a family oriented,we don't don't care what you ride club who has 1 goal

to ride :wink:

find a chapter near you:

http://www.southerncruisers.net/

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
I belong to the South Central Pennsylvania chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association (VRA) http://www.scpavra.com). The VRA is worldwide and is for Vulcan riders specifically (must own a vulcan to be a member).

Sorry, I have to differ with you T-man. I think our website is the best but then I may be biased since I made it. <G>

Bike clubs can be a lot of fun but ultimately, it's the people in the club that make it fun and not the club itself. Different aspects appeal to different people. Some have no meetings and just ride, some have monthly informal gatherings and ride, and some have very formal meetings and ride. Some are big into fundraising and some aren't - depends on your taste.

I recommend finding some clubs in your area and going to a couple of meetings and rides and seeing what you think. I tried a couple and didn't like it but then met up with the SCPAVRA and have made a lot of good friends.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah,Also belong to a club. NC Legends MC here in Rockingham,North Carolina.Not a gang,but a club that does charity rides to help people in need!! If you're hungry,we feed ya,Need heating oil to stay warm,we buy it,Kids need a Christmass,we buy cloths and toys,or do anything we can to help other needs!! Check out our website @ nclegendsmc. Kenny in North Carolina.....

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
No I don't belong to a club. While I will eventually ride with others....I simply love climbing on my bike and go wherever the notion takes me...unplanned...just ride! :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
About a week or so ago I joined the NC Vulcan Riders (discounts at Scootworks :)) and based on the threads here checked out the Southern Cruisers in Raleigh (thanks bikeaholic....thought it was just a Florida club). I love to just pick up and ride, and this forum is great for a serious, sarcastic or hilarious chat but sometimes it's fun to just chew the fat and ride with like minded friends, we'll see how that plan goes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not a club member, never saw the point. Why would I want to pay dues to go on 15 mile rides with 50 people I can't stand to a bar I don't like just so everybody can park their bikes and tell each other their chrome is so shiney. I usually just pick a destination on-the-fly and go. A method of leisure riding which is adverse to motorcades.

I may be wrong about your clubs, and feel free to correct my ignorance, but all the riding clubs I've seen are really 'parking clubs' that don't like to ride anywhere except the next bar parking-lot.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
We belong to a group called Twisted Shaft. It originally started out as a BMW club, but now has all type of bikes. Mostly older folks (our age). They have a dinner ride once a month and ad hoc as well as planned rides. We've only ridden with them a couple of times, but we go to the meetings every month. Lots of nice folks. The meeting is a chance to socialize, plan upcoming rides, etc.

We ride alone, with each other, with the next-door neighbors, with other friends... basically with whoever's around and is going somewhere. The club is pretty peripheral to our riding.

·
Registered
409 Posts
No clubs for me. Too much of a loner I guess.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Slicks: good to see you back on. Now, really, you cannot be serious (to quote John McEnroe)...your website is nice, but can't hold a candle to the detail and depth we have on CRMC! Look at our ride details, for example...ah well, at least we give you a goal to go for! :mrgreen:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Nope, no clubs fur me. Looked into the local ABATE, but the majority ride HD's and are a hard drinking & partying group & I've gotten away from that lifestyle & don't want to be drawn back into it.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
T-man said:
Slicks: good to see you back on. Now, really, you cannot be serious (to quote John McEnroe)...your website is nice, but can't hold a candle to the detail and depth we have on CRMC! Look at our ride details, for example...ah well, at least we give you a goal to go for! :mrgreen:
T, that post by Slicks was from back in Jan :grin:
haven't seen him or his Dad in a while.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts