Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

do you have any pictures of white wall tires on your cruiser

14K views 68 replies 43 participants last post by  mkelley 
#1 ·
I am thinking of making the switch, but would like to see what it will look like. Thanks.

#8 ·
Here is my Nomad with the white wall painted tires.

Did this last spring, disappointing. But, Santa was real nice and delivered a set of ME 880s with wide white walls for Christmas day. Can't wait to get 'em on this spring.

#14 ·
Not a Kawi, but here is my Suzuki that I put ww's on a couple months ago. I really like the old school look they give.

Before:

After:
DanL,
Have to ask where you got that tank bib? Been looking for something like that for a bit with no success. Looks great on that Suzuki. Sweet 8)

#17 ·
Thanks guys! LT Rider, that is a stock OEM tank bib from Suzuki. My wife has one on the Vulcan she had made by some guy she found on the 'net, he even put the Vulcan logo on it for her. The only issue with it is it doesn't connect under the tank panel, so it slides down some. It serves its purpose though, keeping the tank from getting scratched by our jackets.

Here's a pic of it:

BTW- for cleaning whitewalls- Kaboom cleaner worked great on getting them done the 1st time. Now a Mr Clean magic eraser keeps them polished up.

#23 ·
Did you do it yourself with white tire paint?
Yes I did. Bought the paint from the guy in Iceland. I've got a can or two left. It looks real nice going on, but the long term, on a heavy, long distance cruiser, has not been that good. For an antique that only gets driven to and from the shows once in a while it might be pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.