Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Do you use your HI BEAM for daytime riding?

• Yes, I always, or almost always use my hi beam for daytime riding.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never, or almost never use my hi beam for daytime riding.

• I use my hi beam about half of the time for daytime riding.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many of you used your high beams, or "brights" when you are riding in the daytime. I use it about 25% of the time. I want to use it more but worry I am blinding other motorists.

It might seem that using your high beam increases your visibility, but if you blind someone it could increase their chances of hitting you??? What are your thoughts?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
high beam on all the time till it gets duskish.

the V2k lights up the night like a spotlight, i'm sensitive to the eyes of cagers....don't want to blind em and have em cross the centerline

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
Yep! Always switch to the high beam when it gets light enough in the mornings on my way to work. Figure we are a lot less visible as it is to the caged crusaders so I will use what I can to be better seen. Would rather someone take notice of a bright high beam coming at them rather than be to busy on a cell phone to take notice! Always switch back and forth at nightime though. ;)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My high beams are almost always on during the day, it's got a modulator on it.

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
Given the number of cagers pulling out in front of me, with a headlight and a blinding lightbar, I don't think it matters all that much. It just makes me feel better to have all the lights on.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have a light bar on one of my bikes, on that one I don't always use the hi beam. On the VN1500, no light bar or extra lights, so the hi beam is on.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Hi beam always... the better they see me. At night too, unless I get flashed. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I did in the past until two high beams burned out on two different bulbs before the regular beam did. Now I just do so once in awhile.

·
Super Moderator
10,836 Posts
I always ride with the high beam on during the day.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
I do not believe it is possible to "blind" an oncoming vehicle with your bright lights during daylight. Mine are on all the time.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
I leave it on during the day, it's got a modulator in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The NC motorcycle license handbook recommends using high beam during the day. Whenever I see cars stopped or approaching an intersection and I have a green light, I always 'flash' my headlight (hi/low) to get the driver's attention, before I proceed.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The NC motorcycle license handbook recommends using high beam during the day. Whenever I see cars stopped or approaching an intersection and I have a green light, I always 'flash' my headlight (hi/low) to get the driver's attention, before I proceed.
Be careful blinking your lights at cagers, they may think you are giving them the go ahead sign.

D

1 - 20 of 79 Posts