Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back in Black
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me out? I am going to get new tires 1600 Classic,tire shop stated that he needs to remove the exhaust in order to remove the back rim.Is this true?

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Not sure for the 1600 but ask a different dealer and most of the times they'll pass the info to you.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not to sure about the 1600...the M.O.M. says I do for the v2k....but you don't really have to, just requires a little more finesse.
y.m.m.v.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Not sure if the 1600 is the same arraingment as the 900, you really cant get a torque wrench in the space behind the exhaust, I loosened mine enough and removed the rear mounting nuts to just make enough space, but to be honest it really is not that much more effort to just take it all the way off.

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
Can someone help me out? I am going to get new tires 1600 Classic,tire shop stated that he needs to remove the exhaust in order to remove the back rim.Is this true?
You shouldn`t have to. You should be able to sneak everything from between the pipes..The book may say to do it, but it can be done without having to pull them off..We did Bill`s tires (SD Willie) last year and we didn`t have to..he has Cobra pipes on his bike..

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
You shouldn`t have to. You should be able to sneak everything from between the pipes..The book may say to do it, but it can be done without having to pull them off..We did Bill`s tires (SD Willie) last year and we didn`t have to..he has Cobra pipes on his bike..
I changed mine last month on my 1600 with stock pipes. I didn't remove the pipes but I did lossen the rear mounting bracket to make it easier. Just got to get the bike in the air high enough to make it all work.

·
Back in Black
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh thanks for the info guys,and it turns out that the guy was a bull****ter and would not recommend anyone taking thier bike to him.This shop is in San Jose,Ca. called Motogio.The guy has no customer service,doesnt even seem to want to go the extra mile to serve his customers. I will never take my bike there again.The only good experience was the actual worker who put the tires on. He seemed very nice and wasnt a jerk like the owner.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Yeh thanks for the info guys,and it turns out that the guy was a bull****ter and would not recommend anyone taking thier bike to him.This shop is in San Jose,Ca. called Motogio.The guy has no customer service,doesnt even seem to want to go the extra mile to serve his customers. I will never take my bike there again.The only good experience was the actual worker who put the tires on. He seemed very nice and wasnt a jerk like the owner.
Well that's one less Christmas card to send out this year.... :)

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Not to sure about the 1600...the M.O.M. says I do for the v2k....but you don't really have to, just requires a little more finesse.
y.m.m.v.
+1 and a good m/c lift or jack (Harbor Frieght ATV jack works awesome)

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Did the 1500 rear. Got it out okay just loosening the rear exhaust brackets. Messed around with putting it back on for a couple of hours before pulling the rear fender. Went together real easy after that. Next time I'll start with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts