Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
" Metric Mafia"
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that one our newer forum members (Lightman01) posted a picture of their 96' Vulcan 1500 on the Picture Forum and was wondering if anyone new where he might have bought his drive shaft cover? This the first time I've seen this particular type cover. It really closes up the open space on the left side.

I've been wanting to find something exactly like this for my bike.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/want-show-off-your-ride/59577-old-school.html

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
i commented in that thread how much I liked it. I don't know if he bought it or fab'd it but its nice

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
It looks custom made.

·
" Metric Mafia"
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Custom? Well there go my chances (dang it). What material would be best to use for this type of mod?

I'd be willing to hire someone qualified on this forum to make one for my 1600..any takers?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Custom? Well there go my chances (dang it). What material would be best to use for this type of mod?
Whatever you're more comfortable working with.
I know of people who could bang out something like that in a weekend from sheet steel, and I know other people who would prefer to carve it from foam, use that to make a plaster mold, clean it up, and do a fiberglass layup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts