Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you wave at every passing motorcycle? Or at least the ones that are convenient? Also what is the correct way to wave?

I wave at most motorcycles. The only time I don't wave is when my hand is holding the clutch. At which point I'll give the rider an upward nod.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
BradPeart said:
Do you wave at every passing motorcycle? Or at least the ones that are convenient? Also what is the correct way to wave?

I wave at most motorcycles. The only time I don't wave is when my hand is holding the clutch. At which point I'll give the rider an upward nod.

Well I am a "bitch" when it comes to who I waive at......I pretty much just waive to the sportbike riders that are wearing the proper gear. No offense to the "cruisers!!!" :wink:
I drop my hand down low with 2 fingers (like a peace sign), but I do the "nod" if I am busy on the clutch!! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
BradPeart said:

Well I am a "b***h" when it comes to who I waive at......I pretty much just waive to the sportbike riders that are wearing the proper gear. No offense to the "cruisers!!!" :wink:
I drop my hand down low with 2 fingers (like a peace sign), but I do the "nod" if I am busy on the clutch!! :)
i try to wave at anyone,unless my hands are busy, or they are being idiots.

·
Registered
92 Posts
rednek426 said:
NinjaGirl said:
BradPeart said:

Well I am a "b***h" when it comes to who I waive at......I pretty much just waive to the sportbike riders that are wearing the proper gear. No offense to the "cruisers!!!" :wink:
i try to wave at anyone,unless my hands are busy, or they are being idiots.
ditto

On my second ride ever, a guy on a big chopper going the opposite way did the drop hand wave thing to me...it made me feel so warm inside...hah

so i'll make any attempt at passing that on

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hehe, actually I waved at a motorcycle cop the other day and it surprised me when he waved back. I suppose after that I started waving to just about everyone if I wasn't in the midst of shifting/breaking... mostly only other "sportbike" riders wave back.

Hehe, even if they aren't wearing ANY gear I'll still wave... :p

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I do the basic wave, drop my left hand down, an dhold out tow or three fingers, unless I'm busy witht he clutch, then I nod.

I wave to everyone, sportbike, cruisers, and Harely's. But most of the time, only sportbikers wave back.

It's kinda funny actually, because I ride with my parents and one of my friends. I have the Ninja 500R, My parents have a Honda Shadow ACE, and my friend has a Harley Sporster. When We pass other bikers and wave to them, you not only get a suprised look on their faces, but they try to only wave to one style of bike or another. Not to the whole group of us.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i wave at all bikers,don't care what they ride-left hand dropped

harley/kawi riders get two extended fingers(pinkie,index finger)

everyone else gets 1 :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wave at everyone, especially the kids in the minivans. Other riders get the standard 'two fingered salute", as opposed to the one finger salute reserved for idiots. Kids get a full fledged wave. People in cages checking out my ride get a nod. I don't wave at someone if they're headed in the opposite direction on a four lane. It's surprising the number of snobs who won't wave back when they're out being cool on their cruisers. I just figure those are the ones who only have a bike because they think it's cool or the "in" thing. "Ooohhh look at me, I got a big fancy motorcycle!" :roll:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I wave at all as well, sport bikers, HD'rs and HD snobs. I get waves back from everyone as well except the HD snobs. I give the two finger low down wave, its what was given to me on my first ride out and now I feel its my duty to pass it along....great discussion thread.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my first time to hit the road on my bike, i was waved at by several bikers at different times. surprised me so much to "belong" so quickly! i guess it's just southern hospitality, but down here, i'll wave to everyone, drop down, two fingers, a nod if i'm busy with the clutch, and generally everyone waves back. once i got to high-five someone. i was coming around a corner, going slow, and a cruiser rolls around the same tight corner coming my way. we both waved, and for some reason, i think since we were both going slow and were in the center of the road, i picked up my hand for a high-five and it was promptly met by a return five! actually hurt more than i'd thought it would; that much force behind it, i guess. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
what do you mean by the left hand two finger wave, over here in britain its normally a nod, dipping your head to the right ( since they are on your right hand side) i think this is because over here you are cornering more often than not, and you dont wanna be taking your hands off with the state of the roads near where i live.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Generally, the two finger low down...you hang your arm out down and away from your body. In the US, this would be on your left side and give a horrizontal peace sign....

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
wave with left hand to the side to everybody, screw 'em if they don't wave back. if I'm busy I'll do a noticeable nod or put to fingers from my left hand up while my hand is still on the bar.

still trying to master giving the finger while going through a curve! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Freakinout said:
wave with left hand to the side to everybody, screw 'em if they don't wave back. if I'm busy I'll do a noticeable nod or put to fingers from my left hand up while my hand is still on the bar.

still trying to master giving the finger while going through a curve! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Freakinout said:
Ditto. It doesn't matter to me if they're on a HD, sportbike, cruiser, etc.. I usually get waves from most of the Harley guys around here.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts