Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
BradPeart said:
Do you wave at every passing motorcycle?
If I can free my left hand, yeah, I wave to all passing motorcycles. Most of them wave to me too, I haven't seen any snobbishness from Sportbikers or Harley riders. Maybe they think my GZ 250 is cute. 8)

If I'm riding, I'm in a good mood having a good time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am new here but not to riding. I ride a big cruiser and wave to everyone, and most of the time get a return wave or nod. If my hand is tied up i give a big nod up. The strangest wave I ever got was from a guy and gal on a vespa scooter. They waved real big like they were waving goodbye to grandma or something. I waved at them but thought it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hehe, what I find amusing is when I get stuck behind a school bus and the girls on the bus start waving and shrieking when I wave back. :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
ha hah, yeah, i love that. esp when it's high school girls that get SO worked up about a bike behind 'em. they get all their friends, write phone numbers, really go overboard. i got flashed, once! (for real) :lol: but then, as they say, 16'll get ya 35.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Scott_PA said:
jonesie619 said:
Scott, what part of Western PA?
North of Pittsburgh, in Cranberry Twp.
I'm originally from Pittsburgh. We'l have to get together and ride next time in in town.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Kazama said:
ha hah, yeah, i love that. esp when it's high school girls that get SO worked up about a bike behind 'em. they get all their friends, write phone numbers, really go overboard. i got flashed, once! (for real) :lol: but then, as they say, 16'll get ya 35.
Reason # 21321391310931 to get a bike :p

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Kazama said:
and 17 is a lot of barely legal fun! just don't take pictures. :twisted:

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you think somd HD'ers won't wave to the sporties, you should try riding a Goldwing sometime. Did ya ever notice the Wing wave with the arm pointing almost straight up from the elbow? Seems more open, or something. Anyway, I still use that wave when on cruisers, or sometimes I just do a horizontal point at the person with kind of a shake, like I'm pointing at them a few times quickly. Especially if they are on a bike I really like.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wave to all of the cuisers, some of the customs, most HDs, but never too any sportbikes.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
I been riding a long time. 20 yr, i must be weird, I just wave like an ediot and at all bikers and bikes moveing or not. even trailerd ones. all fingers out up hand up and down. No wonder other bikers do u turnes and run away :roll: I do get some strang lookes sometime. but after riding 2020 miles a cross country alone and in march on my 81 KZ550 I started waveing at everything ilutions and all :lol: . So now you will all know it is me. see you on the road

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well if I am in your neck of the woods one day kychick, I will know that wave. I wave to all that ride, cuz I think we are in a "club" of our own, that know how to enjoy transportation at its finest. Cruisers, rockets, HD's, heck I'd wave at 4 wheelers. But I notice, at least in Columiba, that the riders don't wave but look at you in the weirdest way, like your head is spinning backwards or something. Oh yeah, one hand down, and two fingers extended. Be safe this weekend.
Brian

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WAVE

YES! Wave or nod at every biker! Respect among bikers is awesome. You will find H-D, BMW everyone waves unless they are either NOOBS or have an ego to big for their helmet. Stopping to help someone on a bike is acool thing, even better when they stop for you. Even atch closely at SUV, car and trucks as they pass, many of us not on a bike will wave! It's more than a respect issue...it's like a brotherhood, or fraternity. sure we chat about the clone H-D bikes, but they do the same about the European bikes and the Jap bikes...some of which are now built in America, by Americans...unfortunately with their parts...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Down here in Texas mostly everyone waves, unless of course they're busy with the clutch, then they nod. Normally you'll get the horizontal peace sign and sometimes you get the hook-em horns sign!!! You know for the University of Texas!!

I wave to everyone, they sometimes don't wave back, but it's their loss! :roll: They're missing out on something real cool!!! :D

Ed

21 - 40 of 94 Posts