Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,598 Posts
I am a bit leery of any kind of lock, but I have been using a product like this one for years and I like it.
It adjusts in seconds with no tools needed. Just rotate it opposite to normal throttle open direction and then stop when you get the angle where you want it. It really reduces any throttle hand fatigue/cramping.

Hand Output device Product Communication Device Gesture

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
Kaoko. I have one on each of two bikes. Simple to install, simpler to operate.

·
Registered
272 Posts
VistaCruise on both of my Shadows and had them on the 800A and Nomad. The Kuryakyn copy was an inferior chinese thing. Have the GoCruise on the Versys, both work OK on the level, long enough to stretch your arm/hand, zip jacket etc.

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/er...se-universal-2-throttle-control-device-black/
this one is n/a

here's a better pic

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have found that I have very large hands. Especially the palms. When I purchased extra wide handlebar grips, I needed nothing to hold the throttle in place. The natural position of my hand held the throttle where ever I wanted it, and boy, my hands were so much more comfortable. ;)

They look like the pic below, mine are 30 years old:

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Rim

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a bit leery of any kind of lock, but I have been using a product like this one for years and I like it.
It adjusts in seconds with no tools needed. Just rotate it opposite to normal throttle open direction and then stop when you get the angle where you want it. It really reduces any throttle hand fatigue/cramping.

View attachment 44543
Have you had any unintended acceleration issues with it during the learning period? I'm probably going with this but still am undecided.
On a CB750A I bought long ago there was a lock between the throttle grip and switch that activated with a thumb button and released with a twist of the throttle. I got along with that immediately but don't see it offered anymore.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found that I have very large hands. Especially the palms. When I purchased extra wide handlebar grips, I needed nothing to hold the throttle in place. The natural position of my hand held the throttle where ever I wanted it, and boy, my hands were so much more comfortable. ;)

View attachment 44544
That's what I have but they're plastic not grippy rubber like the ones I've had before. Maybe I need to shop for the real deal. The coke bottle grips aren't racy cool but terrific in the real world, especially for man size hands.

·
Administrator
3,598 Posts
Have you had any unintended acceleration issues with it during the learning period? I'm probably going with this but still am undecided.
I don't recall any scary moments, and have gotten so used to it that I don't bother changing it when I switch from highway to city use. But in the early days, if I was going to be riding in city traffic for extended periods of time, I would adjust it so it was out of the way. This adjustment can be done while riding with just your throttle hand. Let the throttle close, and then rotate the device in the direction of closed throttle.

It is very inexpensive, so if you don't like it, its no big deal, and it moves easily from bike to bike without tools.

·
Registered
272 Posts

View attachment 44544
Those look like the factory grips that were on my old 1970 BSA

I also have Grab-On grip sleeves over my stock grips. better feel, increases the diameter a bit which gives a bit more precise control.

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
Reactions: C-130 jumper

·
Administrator
3,598 Posts
A friend of mine lost his passenger off the back of his H2 at 60 MPH when he demonstrated the acceleration capability of the H2.

Rider and passenger were both male, and I guess passenger did not want to bear-hug the rider, so he had his hands on the back grab rail. It was not enough. LOL. Thankfully he was helmeted, gloved and had a leather jacket and only suffered minor scrapes and bruising.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A friend of mine lost his passenger off the back of his H2 at 60 MPH when he demonstrated the acceleration capability of the H2.

Rider and passenger were both male, and I guess passenger did not want to bear-hug the rider, so he had his hands on the back grab rail. It was not enough. LOL. Thankfully he was helmeted, gloved and had a leather jacket and only suffered minor scrapes and bruising.
I once gave a ride to a drunk when the party ran out of beer and the guys took the pickup over to a bar for a keg out the back door. This was on a 1982 GPz750. When I downshifted and gassed it I felt something hit both armpits, looked down to see two cowboy boots, released the throttle and he rolled forward hitting my helmet with his forehead. The guys really had a laugh over that one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts