Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mate has found a 2001/2 model not sure, has green frame, was told it is a KX80 Zing, this could just be graphics? not sure.

Does anyone know anything about this bike, particularly reliablity/raceability as planning to buy through mate, maybe.. for my son to race. He is currently racing KX65 but the class is being withdrawn next season!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm thinking you have a KX 80 with Zing graphics. depending the the skill level of your son it would probably be fine. When my son was racing 80's we replaced it every year, but he was riding it to the max and ringing it out pretty good. beginners tend to ring them out as well, they will ride in to low of a gear and rev them rather than shifting. So really it depends on the condition of the bike, it really doesn't matter the brand, if they were taken care of they'll probably be good, if no then you have junk. I wouldn't buy a used dirt bike unless, a. I knew who had it and had confidence in the maintenance program, b. I bought it really cheap and could afford to stick some money into it. B is still a gamble, all those little parts add up really quick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts