Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they need to be called out for this travesty.

Not sure if the riders need to surround this guy's yard or stand outside the houses of the home-owner's association board members.

Short version: 90-year old Medal of Honor winner is ordered by his home owner's association to remove the flagpole from his front yard.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I think they should publish the names of all the board members of the homeowners association and see how well they deal with all the negative publicity they would get.

HOA boards are generally a bunch of egotists that hide behind the law firms that represent the associations. I received a letter once because I had a pile of dirt in my yard. I was digging up and repairing my water line at the time. They are idiots!

In fact...can the surpreme court pass a law outlawing HOAs???

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes, "rules are rules" and I support that completely. (But, on a separate note, I do not believe justice should be completely blind.)

This guy seems to have tried to work with the rules - he requested the right to his flag pole. I can't believe they denied him. Not just because of his MoH but because of the proper flag decorum he uses. No, nobody wants shorts, sports banners or a foreign flag (right?) flying atop a flagpole 24/7, Or maybe that's just me, but such things ARE in the dreaded CCR's for a reason - somebody will always push the extreme.

HOA's (I've lived in them for many years and have never had a problem, I've also never 'officered') don't want to weigh dogs, color test paint or measure grass height but this guy's flag use could easily be written in.

Glad to see he's getting lots of support.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
I think they need to be called out for this travesty.

Not sure if the riders need to surround this guy's yard or stand outside the houses of the home-owner's association board members.

Short version: 90-year old Medal of Honor winner is ordered by his home owner's association to remove the flagpole from his front yard.
Agree it's a travesty but I think calling in the PGR to surround his yard etc. would be more like a vigilante type action. I don't think it needs the PGR's participation.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I read their "Mission statement" and it seems this would be outside of that.

I have to admit, I thought that a line of bikes & bikers would be intimidating. Surely supportive and a visually impressive, but really my intentions were to say, "Well, how 'bout you send a letter to these guys."

·
Patriot Guard Rider - PA
326 Posts
Dunno. That "mission" might fall under "Help On The Homefront" - assisting a service member. It would be interesting to see what the State Captains think of it.

I'd hop on Ruby and head south for that one - 5 hour ride each way to boot.

If anyone didn't read the citation of how Col. Barfoot earned his Congressional Medal of Honor, you need to - this defender of freedom EARNED the right to fly that flag - HOA be damned.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
If anything the local VA organization should step in to help not the PGR. I think something like that would taint their image.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.