Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
um i was in right turn lane and traffic was stoped in left lane waiting for the light. when wham a stop car pulled right out into my leg. i droped my bike and did some slip n slide on the road. luckly im not hurt very bad, minor rash on my knee and ankle and my wrist may be hurt, doc on monday for it. brand new bike was mostly saved by sliders minor rash and bent shifter and cluch lever. and broken miorr. cages in traffic are crazy so watch out. there was nothing i could have done. o well **** (stuff) happens

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Glad that you are ok with nothing serious.
I sort of know what you mean about traffic, I was going to work one morning, got stopped at a light. Just as it went green (I was about 4 cars back from it) a pre-occupied driver (on the phone and applying makeup) rolled right into me from behind. Now I am even more attentive when I am stopped in traffic.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Glad you're ok. Scarey stuff. Just means we really have to pay attention when stopped and give yourself an out. I see too many bikes right behind the car in front of them. Stay off to the side and give yourself room to slip around.

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
And, I learned this from a buddy who rides a roadking. When braking and downshifting and even when stopped, tap the brake so the light flashes on and off. At least give yourself a chance so the idiot behind you sees the light and reminds him/her that there is a bike in front of them and they need to stop.

Lucky...

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Did the other driver get cited? Did you get a police report? Glad you weren't hurt too badly. So many out there operating vehicles all in their own little world.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wel; im gonna post pics of my bike tomorrow... i recived the 4000 to get the bike fixed... bike is in almost perfect condition... waxed it when i got it home.. all the minor scraches are gone and the mid farring is hardly noticeable... to the point i could hardly get a picture of the damage. so i made out pretty good.. excupt the broken wrist... and neck pain

·
Super Moderator
10,837 Posts
wel; im gonna post pics of my bike tomorrow... i recived the 4000 to get the bike fixed... bike is in almost perfect condition... waxed it when i got it home.. all the minor scraches are gone and the mid farring is hardly noticeable... to the point i could hardly get a picture of the damage. so i made out pretty good.. excupt the broken wrist... and neck pain
Seems it turned out a little worse than you originally thought but still you made out pretty good. $4k buys a lot of comfort food and drink!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yea, but it can't replace the loss of riding time!!
Glad you aren't hurt too bad,

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
Heres hoping the doctor finds your not seriously hurt. I agree with everyone that you just can't trust anyone anymore. Folks in cars just don't watch for anyone at all and are all in hurry to get nowhere fast. We'll be saying a prayer that you have no serious problems and heal quickly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good to hear you are going to be okay.

In the experienced motorcycle riders course that I recently completed the instructors stressed shifting to 1st gear prior to stopping at a light or stop sign, give your self an escape route and keep one eye on your rear view mirror. That is in addition to watching everything in front of you.

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
In the experienced motorcycle riders course that I recently completed the instructors stressed shifting to 1st gear prior to stopping at a light or stop sign, give your self an escape route and keep one eye on your rear view mirror. That is in addition to watching everything in front of you.
I totally agree. I watched a woman, talking on her cellphone, plow into the back of a mustang at a stoplight, which in turn hit a SUV in front of him. So you have to also watch the cars behind the cars behind you. Glad you're okay. I hate it when I hear that a biker was injured. Be safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt more seriously. I've never been down before (knock on head.... uh wood), but have been forced off the road and on to a busy city sidewalk before. Sounds like financially you faired out pretty good.;)

BTW amb67 I think those are cool

Hi all,

Have heard this so much I went out and bought some of these eBay Motors: Rotating Spinning Flashing Brake Light Spinner 1157 LED (item 230207103585 end time Dec-30-07 11:17:41 PST)

I think they are a brilliant idea and are sure to save lives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't say how many times they have saved me, all I can say is I am still here and have not been rear ended ever.

My mate followed me on his RSV Mille a few months back and said how much more attention grabbing they were. He ordered some the very next day from ebay.

If you like life, buy them. A small price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
There once was a move to have three lights on the rear of every vehicle. When you were on the throttle, a green light was displayed. When you were on neither the throttle nor the brakes, a yellow light was displayed. And, of course, when you applied the brakes, a red light was displayed. Probably a great theory, but it would have led to a lot of visual confusion and clutter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts