Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I just got my new clutch cable installed, but I was not aware that it moved so much against the headlight housing on the V2K. Unfortunately I already have a nick in the plastic coating...but hope no-one else suffers this.

The cable is now protected by about 4 inches of 1/2" OD clear tubing. (Stuff I have laying around.) I split the tube with box cutter and slipped it over the cable right where it exits the headlight housing. Now it moves freely inside the tubing and no rubbing!!

The new clutch and brake lines really make the throttle cables stand out. But ran out of money and no extra $200 for those.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
nice, wait till you get the SS brake linse

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, she is back on the road. I got about a week's worth of running around and a short saturday ride before this. Right now I am waiting on Goodridge to send me a new banjo bolt. One of the kit ones seems to be different pitch...no problems when I called...they sending one as of last thursday.
So just waiting on that before putting all back into running shape again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice, wait till you get the SS brake linse
Yeah...that will most likely happen this winter...at least before summer.

Hey....anyone know which model vulcans have the throttle cables coming out bottom? I see pics here occasionally, but don't recall the model. I am actually thinking of swapping out the start switch housing if that other one fits so that my throttle cables are coming out lower.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
great looking bike. Something special about taking a bike like that and making it your own.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sablesufer, do a search and check out pictures of Rich lockyers bike. He has a Vulcan 1500 or 1600 and his cables come out from the bottom if thats what your looking for and the same thing happen to my clutch cable. I put some clear heat shrink over it but the damage had already been done when I noticed it. where can I get the tubing you used to fix yours. I may end up changing my cable and want to protect the new ones.
Thanks, Chester---

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can I get the tubing you used to fix yours. I may end up changing my cable and want to protect the new ones.
Thanks, Chester---
This was tubing I got from Lowes. Just some of the clear rubber 1/2"OD tubing. Seems to fit just right and I only needed about 4".

I figured that others might do same thing as I didn't even THINK that there would be an issue with a sharp edge on bottom of the chrome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts