Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm turning my Ninja 1000 into a straight liners bike and i hope to get a sub 10 second quarter mile time!

Has anyone taken part in any kind of Drag Racing?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
there are a few drag racers on here, but I don't think any are super hardcore.

You'll probably wanna add NOS and lower the bike along with an extended swingarm.

·
Registered
512 Posts
using a ninja 1000 u wont have to much at all to get it in mid 10's considering iv seen virtually stock 600's (only slip on exhasut) pulll off high 10's.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yeah, my ZX-9R will do 10.15 ish stock. Its pretty easy to get "just" sub 10 but getting it under the 9.5 mark requires some work on most bikes. There are a few exceptions like the hybusa and the ZX-12R where only minor suspention adjustments and some sprocket changes will give you times under 9.5. I'd only put a nitrous system on if you really know what you're doing. That stuff can be real nasty, not only to control but have you ever seen a nitrous fire? I sure wouldn't want to be stradling that stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got my eye on a V&H exhaust system and i've spoken to a company about the NOS, they reckon that they can give me a 60bhp single stage injection ( $1100 ) or a 100bhp progressive injection ( $1500 ) without affecting the reliability of the engine, all i'd need to do is to uprate the clutch :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
The progressive injection system, is the way to go. I know a guy that put a three step system on his busa, and it was a much more stable and safer way to deliver it to the engine. You should also see webcams about a new camshaft and stronger valve springs. You'll need them for the high revs soon enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts