Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and bought me 2 pair before I left on vacation a few weeks ago. Let me say they got here in a hurry.

They don't look too different than regular jeans. You order by your size. I ordered 32X32 and they are about a 33" inseam which is good because it keeps them from riding up too much when seated on the bike.

The are just a bit more loose than my levis are which helps prevent pinching on the bike. They are warmer too. That is good and bad for obvious reasons. I did notice that they don't let as much engine heat get to my legs as regular jeans either.

Hope I never need the crash protection but it nice knowing I have it if I ever do. If you're thinking about buying some I would recommend it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
New to the forum but riding about 8 years now. I used to ride a BMW and those forums are very riding gear orientated so I picked up a lot of info. Cruiser owners seem to be more worried bout chrome than helmets and boots. My wife and I both have had Draggin jeans for 3 years now. I find them to be hot on long rides and give me monkey butt. I have gone to a breathable Motoport Kevlar mesh street jean. You send in a pair of jeans that fit well on your bike and they make them custom for you. They are so much cooler than Draggin's and look pretty good around town. They have more armor than any other pant out there and are much stronger than competition leather. I was wearing them in 95 degrees last week. The black they sell is coated with a miracle "cold black dye" that reflects heat. So you can wear black and it reflects like maybe light blue or even white. Folks are amazed that I wear full "leathers" in the middle of summer but it's not bad. Stick a wet tee shirt on and you stay really cool for an hour. They are the best riding pant I have found and I went through quite a few. None fit right. My wife has pair of Scorpion textile pants that she likes better than her Draggin's. Wintertime the Draggin jeans are much nicer. I found a sheepskin seat pad helped a lot with the monkey butt on longer rides. Yes a whole lot better than shorts and a teeshirt. It's all about risk reduction vs appearance and comfort. Having done a low speed high side I can attest that Draggin's will hold up. I put the knee and hip armor in mine and they saved me some big bruises. One hour in the hospital and the lost work costs many many times more than the most expensive riding gear out there. I'm an AGATT rider-all the gear all the time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to put a link in you post for those out there (like me) who never heard of, Or know what Draggin Jeans are.

Draggin' Jeans
Draggin' Jeans

They are basically a heavy denim with kevlar cloth on the buttocks area and the knees to prevent dermal abrasion of your hide on the pavement. There are a bunch of reinforced riding jeans now made by a few companies.

I like to go to web bike world webBikeWorld and read their reviews about gear.

Diamond Gusset Jeans have come out with a motorcycle jean with kevlar. I have a pair of them non mc and they are very comfortable with the built in ballroom feature!!!

Men's Diamond Gusset Jeans | Defender Motorcycle Jean W29-44

There are also the Bohn Body armor that goes under you jeans that offers lots of padding that I am thinking about getting a pair so you just wear your regular jeans when riding.

Bohn Body Armor - webBikeWorld

Ride safe-there are Deer out there.

I have no connection to any of these companies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heck yes, the LD short are great..I also put back on my Alaska Leathers Sheepskin seat pad so I'm much better off. I got in a pair of Diamond Gussett and they seem to run real big so I had to send them bad today :(. They were too big for my wife as well. This discussion of hot weather riding sure ends quickly and were back into staying warm all too soon so I'm enjoying this heat. You can always stick on more warm cloths but can only take off so much.

I just ordered her a pair of BMW City 2 Denim pants-pricey suckers but they sound great-Summer weight jeans the material is made from a ?? Cordura/cotton blend . They have real live knee armor and look pretty cool. The sales person said that the material was 700 Denier strong so up there with leather.

Main problem with riding jeans is that they provide no impact protection, maybe Beemer has figured this out?

Edit-Called Draggin jeans today and asked if they have in between sizes and they said hold on. A few minutes later they found what I needed. So I was able to order a 33 waist.

I'm going to get some real shin and knee armor to go with them.

Dainese Knee V Guard - RevZilla

I guess in my old age I hate getting clobbered by the road and I'm paranoid enough to wear the armor now all the time. My main riding pants and jacket are Motoport Kevlar and they have about 3/4 of your body is covered by armor and I got used to it

Better to sweat than to bleed!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
The one gripe I have with Draggins is how expensive they are and how minimal the kevlar protection is (unless they've added more kevlar over the past year or two)

I much prefer Hood Jeans, which have a complete Kevlar liner so your whole leg, thigh, hip, butt, knee area is covered. Plus they have armour pockets and armour. (Plus Hood Jeans are British and not Aussie :D)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts