Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Awesome video and message. We sure should have something like this on our TV's.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
Although it would eventually be defeated by hardcore offenders a breathalyzer in the ignition will slow them down. The courts slap on the wrist and throw them out. Some of them, like my brother-in-law, have multiple DUI offenses involving crashes and the courts put them back on the streets. In my area people running red lights and stops signs are out pacing DUI offenders by at least 10 to 1 and causing considerable destruction. In my area there are several video's on tv and wrecked cars displayed along some road sides. Also, a video wouldn't do me any good cuz I change the channel at commercials.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Great video. Too bad it's not the type of thing they'll show here in the U.S.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
The courts take their licenses and they drive anyway - the example is the ex-husband of a coworker.

In the end, you can't keep people from drinking and driving.

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
A heck of a lot more effective than "you drink, you drive, you lose."

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The US isn't smart enough to get the message. Good video though.
What the hell kind of statement is that? Maybe you should leave and find somewhere smarter? Clearly, the "smart" people of Australia have the same problem we have, or they wouldn't need to make the commercial.

As for the slap on the wrists remark, I don't know where the rest of you live, but here in Jersey the penalties are **** near crippling. When all is said and done, a first offense can easily run $10,000.00.

Drinking and driving isn't really the point, the point is drinking. Despite all we know about alcohol, this country, hell, the free world, glorifies drinking like it's the second coming. Then we all act disgusted when a drunk does something that drunks always do - stupid crap that hurts themselves or others. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it? For the record, I don't drink...at all...ever. But I also don't condemn people that get caught up in it, because I have seen how easily people can get controlled and destroyed by it.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
What the hell kind of statement is that? Maybe you should leave and find somewhere smarter? Clearly, the "smart" people of Australia have the same problem we have, or they wouldn't need to make the commercial.

As for the slap on the wrists remark, I don't know where the rest of you live, but here in Jersey the penalties are **** near crippling. When all is said and done, a first offense can easily run $10,000.00.
We're obviously slow learners in Maryland. The rest of the country doesn't look good either with up to a 47% repeat rate. The accidents depicted in the video are no worse than the video's from speeding accidents. We've got an ongoing case now where someone was drag racing and plowed through a group of people. Think videos and speed limit signs made a difference?

Washington Post, Nov 2009:

A nationwide report by MADD, however, shows that Jacobs is hardly the only repeat offender. According to the group's State Progress Report released last year, Maryland had 25,120 people with three or more drunk driving convictions. 3,980 people had five or more convictions, and one person had 21.

If you think 21 is bad, be thankful you don't live in Arkansas, where one person has had 40 convictions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts