Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any Classic riders have some advice for a driver backrest. I see one advertised in the back of Cruiser Magazine for around $129. I had one on my last bike ( a Goldwing) and really miss it. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone had any luck with various driver backrests? I see one advertised in the back of Cruiser Magazine for $129. My last bike, a Goldwing, had one and I'm finding myself missing it after a few hours in the saddle. I am using just the solo saddle, so passenger access isn't an issue. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I've thought about getting a driver backrest, too. But I got to thinking that it would make mounting the bike a bit of a pain, having to swing your leg over the backrest. I have a passenger backrest, but it's far enough back that it doesn't interview with my leg when I get on the bike.

·
Registered
327 Posts
JK, good luck on your backrest search. Can't offer any advice myself as I seem to get enough middle back support from the young, supple passengers regularly found on the back of my bike. :grin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am considering gettin one too, so anxious to see the replies.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
MK592 said:
JK, good luck on your backrest search. Can't offer any advice myself as I seem to get enough middle back support from the young, supple passengers regularly found on the back of my bike. :grin:
Ah, quite yer braggin. :lol:

I *never* carry passengers. Don't feel confident enough on my big beast yet. Maybe someday... But I doubt they'll be young and supple, unless I take my stepdaughter for a ride. LOL

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
MK592 said:
If you need any help in that bikepool..I'm available to carry some suppleness too

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
spok said:
If you need any help in that bikepool..I'm available to carry some suppleness too
add me to that list as well, i always like to help out

JK
i do not have a driver's backrest but i have seen posts on here from guys that do and they swear by them. i think most of the ones i have seen are Fire & Steel accessories. good luck.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
jukief said:
Ah, quite yer braggin. :lol:

I *never* carry passengers. Don't feel confident enough on my big beast yet. Maybe someday... But I doubt they'll be young and supple, unless I take my stepdaughter for a ride. LOL
Is she hot??? :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one (No make that two)!!

I have a back rest and I'll tell ya, if you plan on doing any long rides it is a real pain in the back saver. I currently have the two piece Mustang seat with driver back rest. The mustang seat is wonderful and the backrest is great. I put 400 miles on my bike the first day I installed it and it was a world of difference from the stock seat. Now before I had the Mustang seat I had installed a F&S driver back rest. It was much better than going without a back rest but I've never really liked the stock seat. As a matter of fact I have the F&S driver back rest that I would be willing to sell. It does have some chrome studs added!! It only has one season on it and I never used it just running around town. It is easy to install and you can take the back rest off and on in seconds. (the bracket stays on). Send me a message if your interested or would like to see a pic. I'm willing to make someone a deal

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
JK591 said:
Do any Classic riders have some advice for a driver backrest. I see one advertised in the back of Cruiser Magazine for around $129. I had one on my last bike ( a Goldwing) and really miss it. Thanks for any ideas.

You can see the one I have on my bike by clicking on the link in my signature. It's made by Protac and works like a dream. Cost was around $135.00.

http://www.protac.net/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for backrest info.

Thanks to all who responded to my backrest question. This was my first message as a newbie and I really appreciate it. I am enjoying my 99 Classic 1500 (or what I can remember of it since we're enjoying our long Ohio winter.)
I have owned thirty-nine motorcycles since 1962 but this is my first Kawasaki.
It all started on a '48 Harley Hummer, then a '56 Harley "K" model, then to BSA's, Triumphs, BMW's, Bultaco's, then mostly Japanese and mainly Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki since the 70's.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's hoping our Ohio weather thinks that Spring is right around the corner. Guess it's a bit premature in February.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
JK591, Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts