Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, everyone. The driver backrest from GrasshopperLimited.com for Nomads are in!!! I "assume" they'll also fit for the 1500 and 1600 series (Classics and Nomads), but don't quote me on that and you should double-check the drivers seat bolt for similarity first. Can't imagine they'd be all that different though.

I've taken pictures of the plain backrest that I have for my '06 Nomad 1600. It is $90. Studded is $95. VERY simple installation; the backrest slides in and out easily; and the bracket is hidden by the passenger seat (if you have one)when the backrest is not in use.

As a general reference, I am 5'10" and the height of the backrest contours to the curvature of the spine perfectly. I took a 2-hour cruise to "feel" it and it does its job nicely: keeps me upright but not TOO much that I feel like I'm sitting in one of those old gradeschool wooden chairs (remember those?!?!); takes the fatigue out of the lower back so it maintains good rider posture; and ergonomically it looks like it's meant for the bike. I also like that there are no side bars for support to disrupt the look of the bike itself or to get in the way of the passenger. This is a very clean, simple, but well thought out design that is worthy of Lonnie's work. He makes backrests for a number of other bikes and has sold a good number of them to forum members from other bikes, so his quality, craftsmanship, and customer service can be accounted for 100%. Basically, he's good, straight forward and honest, and he makes one helluva backrest for a very affordable price.

And no, I have no business or personal ties to Lonnie or GrassHopper Limited. He's just a regular guy who makes a good product for fellow riders and I think his efforts should be recognized, that's all....

I'll try to post pix in my Profile here, but not sure how many it'll accept. If this fails, I'll figure out a Plan B and let you all know where/how to view the pix. I took pix at various levels of assembly/disassembly of my bike to give the 1500/1600 Classic people "an idea" of what the backrest would look like on your bikes. Hope it helps...

DS06Nomad - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Best,
Daryl

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello again, everyone. The driver backrest from GrasshopperLimited.com for Nomads are in!!! I "assume" they'll also fit for the 1500 and 1600 series (Classics and Nomads), but don't quote me on that and you should double-check the drivers seat bolt for similarity first. Can't imagine they'd be all that different though.

I've taken pictures of the plain backrest that I have for my '06 Nomad 1600. It is $90. Studded is $95. VERY simple installation; the backrest slides in and out easily; and the bracket is hidden by the passenger seat (if you have one)when the backrest is not in use.

As a general reference, I am 5'10" and the height of the backrest contours to the curvature of the spine perfectly. I took a 2-hour cruise to "feel" it and it does its job nicely: keeps me upright but not TOO much that I feel like I'm sitting in one of those old gradeschool wooden chairs (remember those?!?!); takes the fatigue out of the lower back so it maintains good rider posture; and ergonomically it looks like it's meant for the bike. I also like that there are no side bars for support to disrupt the look of the bike itself or to get in the way of the passenger. This is a very clean, simple, but well thought out design that is worthy of Lonnie's work. He makes backrests for a number of other bikes and has sold a good number of them to forum members from other bikes, so his quality, craftsmanship, and customer service can be accounted for 100%. Basically, he's good, straight forward and honest, and he makes one helluva backrest for a very affordable price.

And no, I have no business or personal ties to Lonnie or GrassHopper Limited. He's just a regular guy who makes a good product for fellow riders and I think his efforts should be recognized, that's all....

I'll try to post pix in my Profile here, but not sure how many it'll accept. If this fails, I'll figure out a Plan B and let you all know where/how to view the pix. I took pix at various levels of assembly/disassembly of my bike to give the 1500/1600 Classic people "an idea" of what the backrest would look like on your bikes. Hope it helps...

VolusiaRiders.com :: Log in

Best,
Daryl
The link leads to a site requiring a password so I cannot see it. I would like more information on these.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rats! OK, so how can I post them here? need help..

OR,

Anyone/everyone can E-mail me and I'll E-back with a zip folder of pix.

DS

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Rats! OK, so how can I post them here? need help..
Register for a free account at Photobucket.

Upload your photos to said account.

Select a photo you want to share and click on the third link below it. It should say "HTML Code". Click that and it will automaically copy the image info.

Come here and "paste" the image info into the thread.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Register for a free account at Photobucket.

Upload your photos to said account.

Select a photo you want to share and click on the third link below it. It should say "HTML Code". Click that and it will automaically copy the image info.

Come here and "paste" the image info into the thread.
Doesn't he need to copy and paste the image tag?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have one of these backrests on my C50, as seen below. It's a nice product, goes on easy, comes off easier, and is a fraction of the cost of the other brands.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Daryl, how does the passenger pillion mount on the Nomad? On the 1500 there is a square rack (almost like a luggage rack) that the pillion hooks into, with no bolts needed. The rear of the driver sets holds it in place.

Where does the bracket for the driver backrest bolt up? If the Lonnie's backrest will work on the 1500 I'm going to order one today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts