Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 1500D Vulcan classic that was experiencing clutch slippage so I proceeded to change the clutch spring. The Clymer manual instructed me to insert a copper washer (I used a penny) between the crankshaft gear and the clutch assembly gear. (You can see where this is going) What they don't tell you is to block the little hole directly below these gears. Anyway, as you might have guessed, the penny dropped right down this hole, and I I can't find it anywhere in the bowels of the engine. Has anyone else out there been down this road? Thanks.
Matt Dixon[/b]

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Penny for your thoughts

How come a penny for your thoughts is always your 2 cents worth? Gee, it's to big to pick up and shake it out sideways? Is the penny now in the bottom of the engine? For a free phone call to Beartooth Kawasaki I'd make that call and ask them...1-800-556-3098...then PLEASE let us know...what they said...depending upon what the situation looked like i would consider (if it has one the bottom oil pan and replacing the gasket and all.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some very exhaustive searches for the penny I came to the conclusion that either the penny is not in there or it is in a location where hopefully it will stay for the rest of the bike's life. I carefully studied the pictures in the manual of the split case and feel confident that there are no moving parts in the area of the oil resevoir where I suspect the penny might have gone. I've ridden about 150 miles on the bike and it's running great and pulling strong with a non-slipping clutch. Thanks for the reply. I kinda feel that any Kawasaki mechanic , to avoid any liablilty issues, would have advised me to definately make sure the penny was not in there. Anyway, so far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts