Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Dry Nitrous Kit...Users?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  northernman 
#1 ·
Does anyone here run a Dry Nitrous kit on their cruiser? i.e...someting similairEFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes and cruisers, single and twin bottle kits. Superbike nitrous oxide systems works on all bikes, hayabusa nitrous oxide and zx-14 nitrous oxide kits available. - EFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes

If so, Im hoping those that do (or have) could give an opinion as to how the set-up has worked out for them so far (or did)?

It sure seems with a good dyno-tuned map(pc3usb), to move beyond the limitations of manipulating the Air Temp Sensor (at lower power settings), there is some serious (relatively safe?) bang for the buck available though this process. A whole lot like having a turbo in a bottle, at push of the button demand...lol.:mrgreen:

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
There's a guy on this site that runs NO in his zx 14 : Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA. Look under "General Motorcycle Chat". Hope this helps.
Thanks for the link Bob. I have read several posts on different boards from the sport bike guys that have installed these type of kits. They appear to work out well for most all of them. I have even read about some of the Harley guys running these type kits. I was just hoping to maybe find someone here that has done this with a Kaw and could give their opinion of how they have liked or disliked their set-up.

#6 ·
Why do you want to run a dry system?

A wet system is far superior.
I dont intend to run large power gains that would require the use of a wet system. At around 30hp or so, the pcIIIusb would be more than adequate at supplying the extra fuel needed. I would also, be making use of Power Commanders multi hub, to switch fuel maps when the system is armed.

I would eventually like to do a big bore kit on the Meanstreak, but at $1200+ in cost, I think I will wait till I feel the need to tear into the engine. Besides, I would like to have a little hotter cams than what is currently available, which will add even more cost to that project.

Nitrous is neat but has limited usefulness, like drag racing or hidden for street racing.
Interesting enough, I did come across some guys that run 300hp wet systems on internally stock 1000cc sport bike engines, for drag racing. When they have a melt down, they just buy another used engine from a wrecked bike in the salvage yard, re-install their wet system and they are up and running again.......CRAZY! Talk about drag racing on a budget!

#7 ·
I dont intend to run large power gains that would require the use of a wet system. At around 30hp or so, the pcIIIusb would be more than adequate at supplying the extra fuel needed. I would also, be making use of Power Commanders multi hub, to switch fuel maps when the system is armed.

I would eventually like to do a big bore kit on the Meanstreak, but at $1200+ in cost, I think I will wait till I feel the need to tear into the engine. Besides, I would like to have a little hotter cams than what is currently available, which will add even more cost to that project.

Interesting enough, I did come across some guys that run 300hp wet systems on internally stock 1000cc sport bike engines, for drag racing. When they have a melt down, they just buy another used engine from a wrecked bike in the salvage yard, re-install their wet system and they are up and running again.......CRAZY! Talk about drag racing on a budget!
Okay , thanks for the reply.
I have seen people just add nitrous to stuff, and not realize at all that it needs extra fuel with it.

Glad to see you are actually informed and on top of it.

Have fun and ride safe. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.