Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Well it was bound to happen. Saturday after coming back from a friends house I dumped the 900 in the driveway. I just got careless. I had my helmet on the mirror and was going to put the bike in the garage when my helmet almost fell off when I started to move the bike. I decided I'd better put the helmet up first. Well I forgot to put the kickstand back down and over I went. Luckily it went over slow and in gravel. I only got a small scratch on the rear signal. Talk about feeling like a boob!:mad: Maybe I need training wheels! :lol: One good thing the 900 is easy to get up.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Happens to the best of us, my friend. Lesson learned.

·
Can You See Me Now?
325 Posts
I hadn't dropped my 800 until I started to Sturgis last year. Dropped it once in Wyoming, and then once more at our campgrounds. Why is ther always so many people around to see that?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Don't think I've ever used the kill switch on my bike, always let the kickstand switch shut her down. Just have to remember to turn off the ignition.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Sounds about right. Happens to all of us sooner or later.

Glad it was only a minor scratch.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dump. I've done that a few times at a gas station - what a strain on the back.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Glad to hear it, Croton! Now that it's been christened you can enjoy her in safety! :lol:

I did it twice, myself! :oops:

We all do it at one time or another, all of our forum pals will tease us, and then we sit and wait for the next boob..... :twisted: :lol:

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
I know how you feel... I was getting ready for work one morning and had my bike (not my Vulcan, thank the bike gods) pointed downhill of our driveway, running on the kickstand, warming up. I turned around to shut the garage door and heard it fall. It was a very sickening feeling. The fall scratched up some of the chrome and bent the clutch lever, fortunately, I was replacing the rear turn signals and the scratches to those didn't really matter and the clutch lever un-bent pretty easily with a piece of steel tube. Now I always have it either in the street or pointing uphill while it's warming up.

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first time I almost dumped it was on the Blue Ridge Parkway Ride. Same deal. Thought the kickstand was down and it wasn't. Fatigue and being wet was the deal that night. I was able to bring it back up that time.
Everyone said it was a matter of time. I just hope it never happens on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Yup! Happens to everyone!!!
Hubby did it at the WORST possible place.....the parking lot of the BIG POPULAR HD dealership in Myrtle Beach during bike week!!!! :eek: Bike went over and dented up his tank....he was lucky it didn't cause a domino effect!!! :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Two types of scooter riders....those that have dropped one, and those that lie and say they haven't! :)

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Don't think I've ever used the kill switch on my bike, always let the kickstand switch shut her down. Just have to remember to turn off the ignition.

I do the same thing and because i need not remove the key in the yard at work i get about 3-4 dead batteries a year lol

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Hey, if you can drop it with out damaging the handlebars or tank, no big deal right. Turn signals are cheap enough. Could have been worse.

·
Mark in Houston
331 Posts
P.S. Easy to get up my rear end. I **** near turtled mine cross ways on a downhill slope.
Took everything I had to get her up because she started rolling everytime I got her off the crashbar. But I did NOT call my wife to help.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I did that once. we had just rode about 125 miles. I was getting, no, I had gotten a headache about 50 miles beofer we stopped. every little bump was like a bomb. we pulled into a gas station, Steve pulled up to the pump for gas and I pulled up to the sidewalk in front of the station, forgot to put my sidestand down and started getting off. believe it or not, the board stopped the bike from going all the way over. I pulled a muscle in my back trying tyo stop it, and yep, my headache got worse!!
I think the headache just gave me a brainfart!!
the most embaressing part of it was, there was a guy 5 ft away from me, sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, next to his Sporty!! LOL
he made me feel a little better though by telling me he'd done it before himself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts