Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows about an easily removable sissy bar for the vn900, or any bike for that matter. Is there one that can be taken on and off with a quick release system similar to car seats?

I have the Cobra Standard Sissybar and I prefer to ride on my own without it, but its necessary when my girlfriend rides with me because she doesn't feel as safe without it. I find it quite annoying to have to pull out the old allen key's and take the 5-10 minutes to remove it every time I want to. They can make saddle bags that do so so why not a sissybar?

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
The same reason I went with a Corbin seat. I didn't want the backrest on the bike all the time, and Corbin had one (of a very few) options. The backrest can be moved front to back without securing it from under the seat. If you're worried about theft, pop the seat and install a single screw from the bottom. All in all, a complete front to back change takes about 3 minutes. Once I started using the Oval-bac solo, I wouldn't be without it. I just happen to have one for sale from my 9. I will have another Corbin on the 2K after the winter.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Harley's got them on the RoadKing.
Might be a way to adapt it, but nothing available "plug and play".

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I've forgotten how the sissy bar attaches on the 900, but there are people making quick release bolts for windshields and the Nomad saddlebags ...you might be able devise some. (You may have to go with some kind of quick release bolt / wingnut combination, though). It would still be a pain ...but a quicker pain with no tools needed.

Check out Gadget's site, search for "quick release". He shows how to make the bolts.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Im with jacksonW. I have 2 corbin seats for my vn2k. A stinger and a dual tourer. The ability to remove and install the corbin backrests are great. I too didnt like the look of a backrest. and whats nice is i can remove and install my backrest in 1-3 minutes. Hell i can even change my seats in 30 seconds of less!

chris www.CruiserCustomizing.com - Member Detail

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check out MeanCycles.com. National Cycle makes a Palladin quick-release backrest. Until recently, they were available only for Honda VTX's. But they sure seem to list one for the 900's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts