Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering before I run out and buy these brackets,which do people most
like the best? and why?

I definatly will get a set of either but would like others opinions who has tried them.

thanx
laura

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
I got easy brackets because they were slightly cheaper around here. I think quality wise, they are very similar, so get the ones you get the best price on, I don't think you can go wrong either way..mike

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
EZ-Brackets. Cheaper and a more solid build to them. If you have a backrest Ghost brackets want to charge you $25 more for longer bolts.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Used EZ Brackets on the 9. At the time of purchase, they were the only one's available. Ghost was going through some re-structuring and all I got was the run around from them. A couple of longer bolts will allow me to use the EZ's on the 2K. Have been satisfied with the set up.

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
EZ-Brackets. Cheaper and a more solid build to them. If you have a backrest Ghost brackets want to charge you $25 more for longer bolts.
my easy brackets didn't come with the longer bolts I needed, but I didn't pay anywhere near 25 dollars for them either(hardware store).

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
my easy brackets didn't come with the longer bolts I needed, but I didn't pay anywhere near 25 dollars for them either(hardware store).
EZ-Brackets if you call them they will include the longer bolts at no extra charge. When I called I explained about how there wasn't a listing for my 1600 with the backrest he said that it will fit they just had to send longer bolts at no extra charge. From what I understand after talking with the guy at EZ Brackets they are in the process of simplifying the intallation hardware "package" making it a single kit that has everything you need one way or the other.

Ghost Brackets have a seperate listing on their site for a "Backrest (Sissybar) adapter kit for Vulcan **" and they range from 20-25 bucks. All it is, is longer bolts, nothing else.

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
thats interesting, my friends ghost brackets came with the longer bolts, no extra charge, and I think, comparing them side by side that they are just as good as my easy brackets...mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ghost brkts come with security lock also, I have the gb and the reason i purchassed because of price $139, cleaner look, can move from bike to bike, and they are adjustable!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I (we actually) both have Ghost Brakcets and couldn't be happier. They came with all the correct hardware, and are lockable. The quality is great, and the attachment bolts are veyr low profile.

I would say buy whichever set you can get for a better price.

FYI. If you are thinking of buying from a US business, make sure they do not ship via UPS.........you will be dinged with a massive brokerage charge. Go with US postal service, that's how I request items be shiiped to Canada from Stateside.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I got the easy brackets for $150. Based on pictures of ghost brackets bolts, I think easy bracket bolts have a cleaner look.
+1

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I got the easy brackets for $150. Based on pictures of ghost brackets bolts, I think easy bracket bolts have a cleaner look.
Honestly its apples and oranges. I wasnt charged extra for a longer bolt kit for my ghost brackets and the existing hardware left over wasn't noticeable. The newer ones i got extended longer width-wise to fit even bigger bags and had round spools which look nicer than the older bolt-like looking ones on the GB's. Then again, that could be just the bolts someone purchased. :)

but i switched to leatherlykes anyhow and i couldnt be happier. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts