Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1995 Kawa Bayou 300 4x4. Tonight, I went to do some maintenance that was well overdue (thanks to the previous owner) including changing the oil. Everything was fine except that once all the oil was drained, I realized that I didn't see the filter. Can anyone direct me to where the oiil filter is??

Stupid, I know, but I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Take a look on Kawasaki.com under owner information... or something. It's parts diagrams and you might luck out and find a parts fiche.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
I just got a 1995 Kawa Bayou 300 4x4. Tonight, I went to do some maintenance that was well overdue (thanks to the previous owner) including changing the oil. Everything was fine except that once all the oil was drained, I realized that I didn't see the filter. Can anyone direct me to where the oiil filter is??

Stupid, I know, but I'm stumped.
On some bikes (like mine) the filter is hidden inside the engine and you have to take one of the side covers off to see it. Only thing I hate about mine. You need to get aservice manual for yours. Fleabay has them sometimes.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I believe that engine was built like the mojave 250 it is an element style filter there is a cover on theright side of the motor that has 3 bolts take that off and its under there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts