Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any good tips to clean out a pipe and silencer? My Son's got at kx 60 with a gold fmf pipe and an fmf silencer. I stick my finger in the end of the silencer and it's pretty narled up with crud...

Thanks in advance...

TW

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Carbon

I have an old book that shows taking a torch to the pipe and heating it up and tapping it to get it all out...I used paint thinner, and kept dumping it through the pipe after removing the spark arrester and baffle. I kept it going for about an hour and it was finally pretty clean. I did notice some improvement. YOu might want to use some Sea Foam, that helps eliminate carbon build up in your bike. I am currently putting a little diesel, it's oilbased and it smokes a little, keeps the top end lubricated and it will clean out the carbon and keep it cleaned out as well as prevent my tank from rusting. On a vintage 1970 250, I have to keep on top of things or I won't have anything to ride. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
carbon

You might also switch to a 100% synthetic 2 stroke oil such as AMSOIL...

·
Registered
5 Posts
me and a friend cleaned out his blaster pipe by just dumping gas in it and shaking it around for a few minutes. the gas came out black and it ran better

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If the baffle is removeable, you can torch it. On the pipe itself, mix some caustic soda and water and fill it up (you'll have to plug it in one end) Keep it in for a few hours/over night and clean it out with water. Remember to protect your eyes and hands, that stuff is nasty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts