Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the alpinestar effex boots I bought on ebay are supposedly the wrong size, the guy says the box says 10.5 but the boots are actually 10s, either that or he is ticked no one else bid, so I got them for the opening 100 dollar bid. He wants to sell me other boots, the only ones he has in my size are firstgear milleniums, which I didn't like the look of and oxtar explorers, which I am considering. Anyone have any experience with these boots?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
So the alpinestar effex boots I bought on ebay are supposedly the wrong size, the guy says the box says 10.5 but the boots are actually 10s, either that or he is ticked no one else bid, so I got them for the opening 100 dollar bid. He wants to sell me other boots, the only ones he has in my size are firstgear milleniums, which I didn't like the look of and oxtar explorers, which I am considering. Anyone have any experience with these boots?
Sounds like bait and switch to me.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Oxtar, Firstgear, O'Neal, etc.... probably all made in the same factory.

You can get a NEW pair for around $100.

Don't pay him a dime and report him to eBay.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
^^^^^^^ Exactly right.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
not an answer about the first gear boots, but did he tell you this before or after you bid? If before then you cant say anything but if this was after you already bid, i would definitely report him, leave negative feedback(if you cant resolve it) and file a dispute to get your money back if youve already paid. I've had to file 2 disputes through ebay and it took time but worked out for me in the end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was after, like a week after the auction ended. I paid online, so I have already started disputes with ebay and paypal. I have had to dispute stuff before and it has worked out for me as well, it's just a real pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts