Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're going to edit posts fine. However, how about at least putting in a small statement that the post was edited by a moderator?

Or how about PMing the person who is edited.

Or how about instead of deleating all the posts you find out of line & leaving the rest with a disclamer that they have been edited.

Course going back and locking a thread while other posts were edited is not consistant with the other actions. Should that thread have been locked or could it have been eddited like the rest of the threads.

It sure would be nice to have a ignore button so loud mouth jerks (like me) could just ignore the people that make me spout off. However, locking a thread due to others making off color posts might just be a tad excessive.

You would think that the mods would dump the offending posts instead of the thread. If they are trolls then this will just fuel them as trolls love to be disruptive & they can have all kinds of threads locked or dumped.

But then again why delete posts in the off topic area when they are off topic, not nasty, no cussing, no yelling, no argueing or anything else. However, it would be nice for the moderator to send a PM stating why the thread was dumped so the offender would know why it was dumped & that it would not happen again.

But then again who am I, except a pain in the azz big mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for putting up with me :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
RR-

I've yet to delete/edit any of your threads, but I'm planning on making it a point to let people know what I have deleted/edit and why I did. I will do this mostly by PM, unless I think it needs to be said publicly.

I goal here is to keep everything informative and friendly.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Freakinout said:
RR-

I've yet to delete/edit any of your threads, but I'm planning on making it a point to let people know what I have deleted/edit and why I did. I will do this mostly by PM, unless I think it needs to be said publicly.

Kyle
Thank you!! :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freakinout said:
RR-

Kyle
Can't ask for more than that 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
That's the reason I appointed freakinout a moderator and expanded bikeaholics moderator powers to all forums.

You see I was away for three days and when I logged back on to the site, there where many PM's complaing about several posts which I had to check out. Being alone to try and resolve the situation and having limited time to do so I may have went a little crazy with the edits and deletes.

I would normally have tried as you suggest to PM the person and to identify any changes made to a post by adding "edit by U.B". But being rushed I made some hasty decisions/changes to some posts.

I don't think I erased anything that shouldn't have been on site in the first place but it's not how I would normally do things unless the posts were realy offensive.

Now as a team we should be able to better handle situations like this in the future by having mods that are on line more often and dealing with situations as they arise rather than having to deal with backlogs of problems.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand & will try to behave better in the future :oops: :oops: :oops:

However, a "ignore" button would make my life easier :D :D :D :wink:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I don't think an "ignore" button is in the works for the site, maybe a little self control could allow you to ignore those posts or members that rub you the wrong way.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've never seen a 'hack' for this version of a forum for an 'ignore'. I run my own and have looked through every modification you can make, and don't remember running into one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who has self control :roll: This forum has people from all walks of life & it's just like at any bike rally in the world, people clash & sometimes rub each other wrong. Then you have people that call a spade a spade & to heck with where the chips fall. Ok, I'm rambelling here :lol:

I guess I'm the only one who can't stand some kind of posters & how they present themselves on the web and have to say something about it. I'll try to keep my mouth closed, but can't guarentee anything.

Don't know why you can't find a "hack" or whatever it is for a ignore button unless this software {phpBB} is just not that user friendly. The vast majority of other forums I visit are either UBB or vBulletin and they both have that option.

I'll stop anoying everybody (for now) and go soak my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uncle Bob said:
Gee nobody noticed the new ranks ! Sigh !
I'm just a tad slow on the uptake today (only got 3 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours) but now that you mentioned them me thinks they are really 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Don't get us wrong , we're all for mixing it up and having a little controversy.

We just prefer it be done based on facts and in a civilized manner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts