Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi could anyone tell me where the coolant hoses go on the reservoir tank and the nozzle off the pump return pipe, also there is carb heater piping to, unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the bike when I dismantled it to restore it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
661 Posts
To increase your chances of getting help you should at least post what year your bike is and it would also be helpful to know what country you are from. Kawasaki sometimes changes the name of their models depending on which country they are sold in, so knowing which country your bike comes from will help.

A flag from your country will automatically appear up by your name, if you add the country to your profile.
Hope this helps to get you some assistance with your problem.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. In North America this was known as an E4 but likely identical to yours.
If you study this diagram, some hose ends have a label like "A" inside a circle. Search the diagram for another label "A" and that will tell you where that hose goes to. Hope this will provide enough info:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. In North America this was known as an E4 but likely identical to yours.
If you study this diagram, some hose ends have a label like "A" inside a circle. Search the diagram for another label "A" and that will tell you where that hose goes to. Hope this will provide enough info:

Yes I did see that already, but it only shows the radiator cap over flow hose, no diagrams of carb heaters or the pump return pipe hose, its amazing how something as simple as not taking a photo before dismantling your bike can cause so much trouble. 😁

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't understand. You asked about where the hoses go from the reservoir tank and the first Partzilla diagram shows where both hoses go, so the reservoir question has been answered, no?

Pump return pipe is shown on first diagram. See 39062D & F.

The 2nd diagram should show everything that is connected to your carbs. I am not familiar with carb heaters and to be honest I don't understand the need for them. I used to ice race motorcycles and we never had carb heaters and never had any problems. If your bike has carb heaters, are they using coolant from the radiator or electric heat?

+1 on taking lots of photos, before and during disassembly.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Interesting. So the North American model does not have carb heaters and the UK model does. Any idea why?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes. Canada can be very cold but most of us put the bikes away in winter, but temperatures of -20 to -40 C can occur.
Yet they choose to put carb heaters on UK bikes but not for Canada? Makes no sense to me but maybe the objective is cleaner emissions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok where does the pipe go after the carb heaters, cus I don't see that little pipe with the nozzle anywhere ( 39192a)?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
OK
Kawasaki Parts Diagrams can be a tad confusing it's because they show all components for that section but not all are applicable for your Country.
So if you look at the attached you will notice part 32102 ( Green Arrow ) has no orange border around the number which indicates that part ( Red Circle ) is not selectable as it's not used on a UK model and that's because it doesn't have the right hand side carb heater connection.
You need to then fit your pipe onto that fitting which should be on the end of 36062B coming from the Rad cap housing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both my pipes on both engines are the same as 32102 no nozzle.
1 is my original engine, waiting for top end rebuild and 1 about to go in is a gpx 250 1988, but both outlet pipes have no nozzle for return from carb heaters thats whats confusing me.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
When you say both outlets pipes, Are you saying you don't have this connection on the pipe on the left hand side either (Red circle) ?
If that's the case it would suggest a grey import when it was brought into the UK and would explain the absence in which case you can't connect the Carb heater circuit which begs the question where did you disconnect them from in the first place ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know for a fact they were working, i could feel the heat in the tubes.

Now I'am just lost.

But I respect your help, thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts