Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the advice revolved around tuning, and the first part of tuning appears to be make sure the carbs are clean and assembled the way it says in the manual.

The manual??? - still on 'backorder' (This appears to be a code word for "..it's so old we haven't seen one for years").The suppliment manual is the one I needed, as the basic service manual for the EL250 is about as useful as trying to use a Sydney (Aust.) street directory to navigate around New York (USA). The first thing I discovered was the guy who designed the frame was not on talking terms with the guy who designed the power plant,or they welded the frame around the engine when they assembled it.

Finally got the little suckers out - clean - stripped down - clean - inspect - found:-
1.Diaphram on Coasting Enricher System damaged.
2.Pipes to this device had no clamps.
My local motorcycle mechanic gave (did you hear that 'gave') me some bits to try, as he said he would tune it if I did the stripping and cleaning.
Reassembled the carbs and shoehorned them back into place. I found that everywhere it was nice to leave a space to help fit the carbs the friendly frame guy had welded a mounting bracket or a strut.
All assembled - test run - SMOKING!!!!! :lol: Yes I know it's only a 250 but now I appear all 250 of it. Squared up with the mechanic $$$ - he has to eat too. Thanks for the help guys, just thought you would like to hear how it panned out.
But as to the real cause I am still clueless?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

good deal :wink: glad its running sweet!
250cc - 2000cc don't matter when its good :lol:

oh- prolly road demons,put a bell on that bike :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts