Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 kx 125 I have recently had problems with the stator so i went to eBay and bought a 1993 kx 125 stator the brand is electrosport same wiring as original went to install and finish after firing up it didn't rev up nearly as much as it did before and make a Gatling gun sound when you hold it wide open it smokes badly and then wants to bog down and die I'm truly new to the mx thing also 2 strokes..... i know that i am getting fuel and spark you can ride it around just not rev up very high please help thanks for any replies in advance just ask if you need more info thanks again Jack:|

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 1993 kx 125 I have recently had problems with the stator so i went to eBay and bought a 1993 kx 125 stator the brand is electrosport same wiring as original went to install and finish after firing up it didn't rev up nearly as much as it did before and make a Gatling gun sound when you hold it wide open it smokes badly and then wants to bog down and die I'm truly new to the mx thing also 2 strokes..... i know that i am getting fuel and spark you can ride it around just not rev up very high please help thanks for any replies in advance just ask if you need more info thanks again Jack:|
Did this bike ever run clean before you replaced the stator ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya when i had it running before it went into the powerband didnt smoke near as bad or make the gatling gun sound It run fine before it has been sitting a while though any way to test the stator or coils or cdi to make sure it running alright

·
Registered
407 Posts
ya when i had it running before it went into the powerband didnt smoke near as bad or make the gatling gun sound It run fine before it has been sitting a while though any way to test the stator or coils or cdi to make sure it running alright
Then you probably don't have the static ignition timing set correctly. Get the factory Kawasaki service manuall and verify you have the correct timing marks lined up on the stator plate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have a factory service manual but i do have a clymer service manual and i tried adjusting the timing on it and which ever way you turn it you get the same results no difference just an occasional back fire kinnda stumped do you think it could be the cdi doing this i put on a new flywheel still the same i did notice that there was a sound comming from the engine when you rotate the flywheel back and forth fast it makes a clunking sound like a loose connecting rod or something could that cause the engine to miss or jump spark....:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if i have a little bit of play in the connecting rod the bike will not go into the powerband at all....:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts