Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kawasaki 750, pretty old. Anyway at the end of last summer it quit starting. The starter works fine and you can hear it trying to start but it doesn't. I pulled the spark plugs out and hooked them up to check for a spark, only 1 out of 4 gets a spark and it's very rare. However, when I'm holding on to the rubber cord going to the spark plug and pressing the starter I get shocked...there seems to be electricity running through the bike. I know it's not the battery, it's brand new, same with the spark plugs. The head light and turn signals work just fine, I just can't figure out why it won't start. Thanks for the help.

Dizzam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
SHOCKING!

You should go to the Kawasaki store and order th right plug wires! You should NEVER get shocked through a wire...Check this out for fun... wait till night and then try starting it in the absolute dark. You will not get a spark to your plug when it has someplace else to go. ALSO you should ALWAYS ground a plug when you are cranking the starter over or you can mess up the ignition. Get the new wires and new plugs and then PLEASE let the FORUM know what you find!
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top