Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,My name is Darin. I wanted to to start a thread for us Eliminator owners,to see how many of us are in here and see each others bikes and share our stories! Ill start the show with my story;I got hooked on the ELIMINATOR back in high school when the 1985 came out. I was a junior in high school (WOW told my age now),a senior pulled in on a brand new one. And by the size of the back tire i knew this bike had some meat in the mill!! Had to get one! Fast forward to 1994 i got out of the Navy and scored me one!!:twisted: Being the gearhead that i am, i couldnt leave well enuff alone and modded the engine to get even more meat out of it, paint and polished the entire bike!! Loved that bike...sold it in 1996!!! I got back into racing dirtbikes agin!! Fast forward to 01/01/12 found the one i have now,or should i say SAVED it from death,(bone yard) she was bad.....after MUCH tlc and some $,had it ready to ride by summer...so i thought,07/21/12, #3 rod went south......HMMMM (gearhead kicked in) she now hows a 1040cc engine with a zg lower and zl1000 head and cylinder!! Tons of engine modds,over size valves & port n polish....and ill leave the rest to myself:shock:!!! IN a nut shell there ya go!! So please post up your story of your ELIMINATOR & pics!!! Or if ya had one or always wanted one...SHARE !!! Thanks!!

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Very nice bikes gentlemen!

Had a KZ1000 in the old days. Got back into riding with a Vulcan, but kept missing that whole Kaw 4 cylinder thing. Wound up trading for a concours this spring. Good move for me. Never had an eliminator, but once that Kaw straight 4 900 or 1K gets in the blood ... it is hard to let it go.

Great looking bikes, and I "get" it. Enjoy.

I remember reading about the z1000s when they first came out a few years ago. On the "plus" side, they said, "Kawasaki straight four. 'nuff said."

·
rOgUe MeMbEr
15 Posts
it was back in 1990, i was in a kawasaki dealership ordering parts for my kaw snowmobile and was walking around the floor waiting for the owner to help me. that's when i came across a brand new black zl1000 leftover and fell in love. i never rode before or had any interest in riding. i tried to finance it and the deal fell through, then i kept looking for one for the next 6 mths. that's when i found a used black zl1k with 3,200 miles on it. this time i was approved and took my buddy to pick it up. i had him ride it back seeing i did'nt know how to ride. we went to a playground near our neighborhood and i learned how to ride in the grass. i totalled that one in 1991 in a attempted fleeing and eluding chase. did'nt ride for a couple years then got a zr1100 and sold it two years later. then bought another zl1000(red) in 2009 and another one(black) in 2011. the next one will probably be a zl900(black).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uhhhh, why? Yer on 20+ y/o bikes. I'd expect about the same sized roster in a Pontiac Phoenix Club ('77-'84) :rolleyes:.
Well you are wrong.. SIR!!! There are ALOT of us who LOVE OUR 20+y/o bikes, you might want to check out "ZL-OA.COM" and see just how many of us there really are... and whats with the "WHY? WHY NOT?!!

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
Well you are wrong.. SIR!!! There are ALOT of us who LOVE ARE 20+y/o bikes, you might want to check out "ZL-OA.COM" and see just how many of us there really are... and whats with the "WHY? WHY NOT?!!
Loving 20 y/o bikes and owning them are two different things. There's quite a difference between a site dedicated to a specific model, where you wouldn't expect non-owners to join up, and a site such as this where the corporations' entire product line are discussed, where you'd expect everyone to join up. The past has shown repeatedly that a site such as this is usually way too general for the tastes such model-specific folk such as yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Always wanted a ZL back in 85 but had my H1 500 + couldnt see spending the money for only 1 second quicker to 60 at that time! Finally got one and found out i should have gotten one back then! Its an awesome ride if you have never been on one! These bikes are something ELSE! Take care BUD!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The past has shown repeatedly that a site such as this is usually way too general for the tastes such model-specific folk such as yourself.[/QUOTE]

OH im sorry...model-specific....HMMM well thats just the favorite out of my corral..i own many bikes!!! "6" as matter of fact and still growing!! and not al are 20+yrs old lol!! 2010 in there somewhere!!:shock: lol Have a nice day SIR!!!:wink:

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
OH im sorry...model-specific....HMMM well thats just the favorite out of my corral..i own many bikes!!! "6" as matter of fact and still growing!! and not al are 20+yrs old lol!! 2010 in there somewhere!!:shock: lol Have a nice day SIR!!!:wink:
But you invited only Eliminator owners to come out and play :shock:.

And that's the 2nd time you've yelled SIR at me. I'm not sure I like it :):).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But you invited only Eliminator owners to come out and play :shock:.

And that's the 2nd time you've yelled SIR at me. I'm not sure I like it :):).
Whats the thread called? ELIMINATOR OWNERS POST UP......So why are you even in here talkin smack to me?.....SIR!!! Last time i looked it is a kawasaki.....many other threads in here just for there model of bike...now i start one and YOU SIR come in here and wanna bust on me???? WHY?? Have a great day..SIR!!!!:)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts