Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just bought a second-hand ZL400 and I don't have a manual of it. I need to know how to go about maintaining my bike like:

1. How often do I change oil? What type of oil?
2. How do I maintain the shaft drive (change oil, oil type, etc.)
3. What type of coolant and when do I change it?
4. And other things I need to know, probably some tips and tricks to keep this bike to its optimum performance.

By the way, I Love this bike! It's very comfortable to use and can be handled very easily in compare to my previous Bandit V.

Thanks in advance Kawasaki Experts! :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
i change oil every 6 months. the shop recommended that i change it every four months since i use it everyday-city driving

fuel tank is cleaned as well three months , every time i clean it, i see water residue at the bottom of the container with some solids :)

i use 95% octane fuel now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. change the oil every 4 months i say regardless of mileage as these are high revving bikes
2. use EP 80w-90 which is what i ue, essentially gear oil, doesn't use alot; take the bottom bolt off, drain, put back on, take the side big bolt off, hold the bike level, fill up to lower threads, tighten back up
3. any motorcycle specific coolant, if pre-mixed usually 50:50, if not then don't forget to add in some water
4. keep it clean! and the tyres pumped up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts