Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name is Kris, I'm married w/ a 3-month old son, I'm stationed at Patrick AFB, FL, and I'm looking at buying my first bike in the next couple of weeks (hopefully). First off, just wanted to create an account and say hello as I've been lurking for the last couple of days.

Second, I'm flying home next weekend to arrange for financing a 2005 ZZR600. I know that alot of you are going to give me alot of good reasons why I shouldn't buy that bike, but my mind is made up :). I've taken an MSF course, I've ridden a 97 GSX-R600 around (including from Orlando to here, about 70 miles of city/highway/interstate driving). I've taken a month to really think about this purchase vs. a used, less powefull bike, and I've decided on the zzr600.

Anywho, this looks like a great message board. I could use some of the good advice I've seen around here. I've found a helmet that fits me well, but I'm still kind of up in the air about a jacket. Considering the warm weather down here, and my budget, I've been looking at a joe rocket mesh jacket, but would like some advice on other jackets to look out for. I'd like something designed for warm weather and with reflective parts.

I'd also like to know where I can find good frame sliders for this bike, some decent luggage options (tank bag, seat bag, backpack) as I'm thinking about taking some longer trips with it, and also I'm considering an alarm.

Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
837 Posts
hey kris..glad you decided to stop in and say hi...looks like a good choice of bike..you know what you want so go get it!!have fun and come back often

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome aboard! glad to have you with us.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Chris,

Welcome to the forum......great choice!!!! Send us a photo of you and your new ride when you get it.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Heather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts