Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you guys help is neeeded here , in europe now most cars and bike are taxed on emisions , BUT! there isnt a list for bikes ,typical goverment !!! so does any one know what the emisions are for a meanstreak 1500 2004 model and a vn800 classic ? i have spoken to kawasaki uk and they tell me the factory doesnt issue figures, but you guys in the states are a bit more on the ball for this stuff, global warming my a&&. thanks in advance !

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Many states have safety inspections, but none that I am aware of currently require actual "sniffer" testing that would report numbers.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think to be honest its another synical way of getting more money out of joe public , at the testing stations here they will test for emissions as to asses how much more ! tax you pay , i also spoke to kawasaki HQ and they have no figures for emissions, ill keep you posted !!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Arizona has an emissions program that on certain years, usually older vehicles, have the ole "wand up the tail pipe' with readings.

On the newer vehicles they waive the testing and you just pay "a clean air fee"

My old K100Rt (87) was tested and passed with flying colors.

Perhaps there are a few Arizona riders out there with older bikes that have been tested and can post results.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
To make bikes endure emmissions testing in the name of pollution is like putting a band aid on a severed aorta...why not start by impounding every blue smoke blowing pile of s**t on the road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts