Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

end of season

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  woodchucks800 
#1 ·
hi everyone
well i think winter here is just around the corner
so time i guess to get the ol gal indoors.
might give her a good clean and polish as i might put her into a few local bike shows.
just like to say ive enjoyed this forum very much
you all seem a very decent bunch of guys and gals
hope you all have a safe time over the winter
so please take care

ps just like to say a prayer for the black watch guys of our british army
who are moving up north to help you guys out
from what i have seen you guys have had quite a bad time
so heres hoping for a safe return for all those guys

smokeyh2

See less See more
#5 ·
hey smoke..you dont have to go inside and hibernate all winter.. :wink: come back and see us often..all the troops around the world that are hunting these idiots of man kind down are in our prayers...

#8 ·
oh for an 11.5 month riding season! it was all of about 10ºC today i am hopeful i can ride until the road conditions no longer allow it. the cold i can handle but the ice i won't bother with. maybe i can get some of those spiked ice racing tires for my ninja… hmmm…

SCREAMER

#9 ·
Winter

Winter is only time we have to get our bikes ready for the next riding season...The guys in Texas, have several bikes so they ride and repair all the time. Poor folks like me have but a cheap bike (not a Kawasaki) and need a complete winter to do everything that we have to do just to ge a couple weeks in before it breaks again. [Another reason to get a Kawasaki.] My poor old vintage "S" may make it through this winter and get some rebuilds and LED's, brakes...I know it would be cheaper to buy a Kawasaki...but that is on my NEED list. The wants are for my old bike (1970).

#13 ·
It's supposed to be nearly 70 here in northern Colorado today . We might get some snow tomorrow, but it's going to warm up again Monday and is supposed to be nice all week. I plan to ride quite a bit this winter. I rode to work one day last week when it was 39 degrees. I was a bit cold, but not bad. And then it was 65 when I came home. If I can handle the cold in the mornings, the ride home in the afternoons is great. I guess I'm tougher than I thought!

My bike is always in the garage, so I think I'll be able to ride off and on throughout the winter. We often have very warm days.

Woo hoo!

#14 ·
Smokeyh2,

I will put your black watch soldiers on our prayer list!!!!!

It is 77 degrees and Very windy this afternoon. Might take a short ride this afternoon on my 750.

I ride all year round....If it is cold and clear...I am out on the bike.

Heather

#15 ·
yep

The ladies pretty much said it all with respect to riding in the cold and the soldiers...Prayers are being said, and do not fall upon deaf ears...Usually I would say Thank You for Serving to our Veterans, but now in this day and age that we are going through I have given my daily prayers to God, and have asked him to work it all out... (I receive some great words from a very smart man, who I shall refer to as Mack, and I think that giving the troubles to God and believing in, having faith in my prayers is ALL that I can do, as the rest has to be left for GOD.) May God Bless our world that we live in today, tomorrow and in what ever future that we shall have on this (earth) world! AMEN! Perhaps, there are those on the Forum that do not believe in God, and I do not mean to be offensive to those people. Please believe me when I say that I believe, and that it is important for me to profess my belief. I would ask those of you that are offended to forgive me, not to forget me...you are family because we have one thing in common, actually two that I know of: one, that we share the same Forum, and secondly that we have a passion for motorcycles....I could go on and say three sharing our passion. and them fourth...but hijacking is not my intention...Go forth and RIDE like the wind!

#17 ·
welcome

welcome to the site. prayers always go out to our soldiers and any that stand with them. as far as winter goes, i wish i was in montana with you chucks. at least then the cold would be worth it and i could be on the mountain sooner. just got my season pass but probably won't get to use it until close to Christmas. from here on out is just useless cold. oh well, if it was that bad i guess i would move, hehe.

#18 ·
Actually Ispeed I was down in west yellowstone last wed. about a foot of snow , snowmobiles out already about 3 or 4 ft. up top. The wife gets mad when I have to work up there because I tend to take longer (about 4 hr's longer) just to visit friends an go on a ride. I haven't told her yet that I've got a couple of weeks work up there this winter.( oboy!LOL)

#19 ·
snow

chucks
you're not helping me at all. one of my buddies is selling his sled to another buddy and the first is buying a new REV. they are both on me hard to get a sled, since they know i love my toys. of course, the wife has a little more persuasive power, leaning me towards a new house. it doesn't help to hear about people enjoying snowmobiles though !!!! man, i want some SNOW !!!! then i want it gone so i can get back on the nad.

#21 ·
Ispeed I thought you already bought the wife a house? Just tell her that you don't buy a house in the winter you buy them in the spring! that can buy you a few month's. I don"t think she'll let you buy the 600 sq. ft. house with a 2500 sq. ft. garage but anything possible! (LOL) :lol: IF she goes for the small house /big garage idea let us know how you did it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.